I hope I haven't royaly screwed up!

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
cgoings421
Posts in topic: 5

I hope I haven't royaly screwed up!

Post by cgoings421 »

Ok, going to try and make this as short as possible. While filling out my application online I went to my local PD to get my arrest record printed out(I was a bit of a trouble maker in my youth). I was unaware that the record that was printed wasn't detailed at all and did not contain one that was almost 15 years old. It was a felony for evading arrest in which I received deferred adjudication and did my probation and community service. I had honestly forgotten about it until tonight when I got curious and paid for a detailed record and it popped up! I emailed the TXDPS and plan on calling them first thing Tuesday morning after the holiday. My application and fingerprints were sent in on the 5th of this month so it hasn't been long at all. My question to you guys is "Do you think that this will disqualify me from getting my LTC"? TIA

infoman
Posts in topic: 2

Re: I hope I haven't royaly screwed up!

Post by infoman »

If it's been over 10 years from the date you were given deferred adjudication then you are ok. Evading arrest is chapter 38 penal code, so it's not a permanent disqualifier like Aggravated Assault for example.

Topic author
cgoings421

Post by cgoings421 »

Oh yeah, it's definitely been over 10 years. The thing that's worrying me is that I had completely forgotten about it(I Know that it's kind of a big thing to forget about, but I've tried to put my past behind me lol), and left it out of my application when I filled it out. Like I said everything was sent in around the 6th or so, so it hasn't been to long, and I plan on calling DPS first thing tomorrow.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WildBill »

cgoings421 wrote:Oh yeah, it's definitely been over 10 years. The thing that's worrying me is that I had completely forgotten about it(I Know that it's kind of a big thing to forget about, but I've tried to put my past behind me lol), and left it out of my application when I filled it out. Like I said everything was sent in around the 6th or so, so it hasn't been to long, and I plan on calling DPS first thing tomorrow.
You still need to send a copy of the deposition to sent to them.
NRA Endowment Member

infoman
Posts in topic: 2

Post by infoman »

lots of applicants send in their apps w/o listing their prior/pending arrests. You won't be penalized for that at all. It is prob helpful to send them a copy of the judgement (order of deferred adjudication).

Topic author
cgoings421

Post by cgoings421 »

infoman wrote:lots of applicants send in their apps w/o listing their prior/pending arrests. You won't be penalized for that at all. It is prob helpful to send them a copy of the judgement (order of deferred adjudication).
Good to know! I'm working on sending everything that should be relevant now.

Topic author
cgoings421

Post by cgoings421 »

Question?

When sending additional application information should I send it via the ltc application service(Submit LTC Supporting Documents)?

longhorn86
Posts in topic: 1

Post by longhorn86 »

cgoings421 wrote:Question?

When sending additional application information should I send it via the ltc application service(Submit LTC Supporting Documents)?
Most definitely submit in this manner. Eliminate getting lost in the mail and it is electronically attached to your application.
NRA Life Member

Topic author
cgoings421

Post by cgoings421 »

longhorn86 wrote:
cgoings421 wrote:Question?

Most definitely submit in this manner. Eliminate getting lost in the mail and it is electronically attached to your application.
Done! Thanks for the help and the quick responses guys.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”