Drew my gun on Monday

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jose_in_Dallas
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Drew my gun on Monday

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

I can only imagine what might have happened if he had gone into your room while you were in the shower/bath room :eek6

I'm a little paranoid about these things and when I travel it's not always at a nice hotel (on a budget sometimes) so I always prop a chair up against the door handle along with the chain/slide thingy. And my gun goes with me into the bathroom to. Glad it all turned out well. And I hope you tell us who the hotel chain is. I'm kinda curious as well now.

Oh and to not be able to find out how this guy is getting into the rooms with a swipe card is just plain negligent on the hotels part. I wouldn't think it would be that much different from checking log ins on a computer and figuring out a pattern.

Topic author
Nuts
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Nuts »

It was a comfort inn near 635 and 75 in Dallas

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Liberty wrote:Holiday inn has a good program, Some hotels give little reception bags with water chips or candy .. I have found the Holiday Express breakfast a step up from Choice ... Points don't seem to build up as fast as Choice though.
+1 for Holiday Inn Express. I also enjoy the low military rate.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

As Jose_in_Dallas said above, it is always prudent to bring your gun with
you when you are in the bathroom.

Ever since the incident in New Mexico where Lynn Russell (former CNN News anchor) and her
husband were in the shootout with the armed bad guy, I always take my gun into the bathroom
at home, or in a hotel.

In that incident, Lynn Russell went out to their car to get something.
The bad guy was armed and forced her back into the room. Her husband was in the shower
and had to come out to confront the bad guy. Lynn Russell handed her husband her purse,
knowing that her pistol was in there. The husband retrieved the pistol and had a shootout with
the BG. Although Lynn and her husband both had Georgia LTC's, they didn't actually have their
pistols on them, or in the bathroom, when things got serious. The BG was fatally wounded,
but Lynn's husband caught 3 rounds and was seriously wounded.

When in bed, I place a high powered flashlight right next to the pistol so that I can have both
at hand if something goes bump in the night.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”