The Egg and I sign change

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The Egg and I sign change

Post by TVGuy »

They can now change the name to "The Egg", because "I" won't be there. :banghead:

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

sbrawley wrote:This morning, the family and I went to our usual Egg and I for breakfast. Upon approaching the entrance, I noticed that the 30.07 sign had been removed from the door and I get just a little excited thinking this is too good to be true. So I started searching around and to my dismay, I find a 30.06 sign hung on the wall to the right of the doors :mad5 :blowup . Shocked, I asked my wife for the keys to our car so I could go unarm myself.

This restaurant posted the 30.07 sign soon after the law took effect and I expected to see it whenever we would eat there. Now this.

Has anyone else seen a business switch signs? Especially this late in the game?
In answer to your question: Yes.

This may not have been an option for you, but my wife is as anti-30.06 as I am, and if we had been confronted with that sign, she would have had zero problem taking a few minutes to research the breakfast competition in the area and then relocating to a more intelligent environment.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
sbrawley wrote:This morning, the family and I went to our usual Egg and I for breakfast. Upon approaching the entrance, I noticed that the 30.07 sign had been removed from the door and I get just a little excited thinking this is too good to be true. So I started searching around and to my dismay, I find a 30.06 sign hung on the wall to the right of the doors :mad5 :blowup . Shocked, I asked my wife for the keys to our car so I could go unarm myself.

This restaurant posted the 30.07 sign soon after the law took effect and I expected to see it whenever we would eat there. Now this.

This may not have been an option for you, but my wife is as anti-30.06 as I am, and if we had been confronted with that sign, she would have had zero problem taking a few minutes to research the breakfast competition in the area and then relocating to a more intelligent environment.
I did just that while in Taylor recently. My family was interested in having BBQ for dinner and I asked what the best location in town was. Davis Grocery & Bar-B-Q came highly recommended, so we decided to check it out. Got there and there were bold 30.06 and 30.07 signs on the door, despite nothing being in the Texas 30.06 database or Google Street view. We turned around and headed for another location in town that was more gun and family friendly.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Papa_Tiger wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:

I did just that while in Taylor recently. My family was interested in having BBQ for dinner and I asked what the best location in town was. Davis Grocery & Bar-B-Q came highly recommended, so we decided to check it out. Got there and there were bold 30.06 and 30.07 signs on the door, despite nothing being in the Texas 30.06 database or Google Street view. We turned around and headed for another location in town that was more gun and family friendly.
Did you make sure to add Davis Grocery to the Texas3006.com database right away......or is it still not listed? That's how places get listed. Members run into posted places, and then list the location on the website. With the Texas3006 free mobile app, you can list new posted places right then and there, AND take a picture to upload along with your new listing. Then other people who carry and pay attention won't be supprised.

To put it into perspective, CHL/LTCs are a tad under 5% of the total population of the state. "ONLY 5%" would be appropriate here. We have to stick together as a community, or we will get bowled over every time. One way we do that is by reporting posted places to the Texas3006.com database as soon as we are confronted with them. Don't wait for someone else to do it, but take the responsibility and initiative to do it yourself. It costs nothing, and it is one way of letting other license holders know that you've got their backs.........JUST like those who posted listings on Texas3006.com have yours.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Papa_Tiger wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:

Did you make sure to add Davis Grocery to the Texas3006.com database right away......or is it still not listed? That's how places get listed. Members run into posted places, and then list the location on the website. With the Texas3006 free mobile app, you can list new posted places right then and there, AND take a picture to upload along with your new listing. Then other people who carry and pay attention won't be supprised.
I added it as soon as I had a good internet connection. Unfortunately no picture as it would have been awkward with certain family members present to get out, take a picture and leave. I may swing by later to get one, but you can't miss the signs. Whenever I run into a sign, I make sure to update the Texas3006.com database. :txflag:

The google street view image was from June of 16. So signs were posted sometime after then.

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

Since you describe it as your usual place, did you try talking to the owner/management? I'm assuming with the name Egg and I (a great old movie, by the way) that it's a mom and pop place, not a chain. There have been many here who have had good luck talking to owners in similar situations where they were a known regular at the place.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

oohrah
Posts in topic: 4

Post by oohrah »

Egg and I is a chain.

Why didn't you just open carry?
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Abraham »

I don't understand the suggestion of OCing inside a business 30.06/30.07 sign posted.

Did I overlook something that would make OCing in such a business a sound idea...?

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Abraham wrote:I don't understand the suggestion of OCing inside a business 30.06/30.07 sign posted.

Did I overlook something that would make OCing in such a business a sound idea...?
He posted that the 30.07 sign had been removed.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

The Egg & I recently sold to First Watch.

http://www.firstwatch.com/press/first-w ... staurants/

Abraham
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Abraham »

Flightmare,

I understood that, however as I understand it, the 30.06 sign remains...so other than definitely creating a scene, what would be the point?

An attempt to anger the business owner, or a snarky kiss my posterior move, or what? Just what we positive, gun-toting types don't need.

A 30/06 sign is their prerogative, (not one I care for, so I'd go elsewhere without creating drama) so OCing would be, in my opinion, a dumb move...reminding of the 3 letter organization jerks...

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Abraham wrote:I don't understand the suggestion of OCing inside a business 30.06/30.07 sign posted.

No... You didn't miss it. It's just asking to be told to leave.
If I see a 30.06 sign and no 30.07, I'm not going to open carry.

That would feel... to me.. like...
"Ha-ha, you forgot to post the other sign"

YMMV.

Unlikely that anyone putting up an 06 without an 07 is trying to promote open carry... I'd like to be proven wrong on that, but, letz be reelz.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

oohrah
Posts in topic: 4

Post by oohrah »

I was more thinking - they don't what the heck they're doing. could allow you to have the discussion.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”