Question about Carrying Out of State

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Question about Carrying Out of State

Post by C-dub »

NY? How about that litre detour out of the country?

Marty was living dangerously for a brief period!
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

C-dub wrote:NY? How about that litre detour out of the country?

As I read that description, the trailer was parked at Grand Island and they were crossing the border with the truck only. I don't blame them for doing that.

Crossing the Canadian border with an RV can be a wallet lightening experience. While the Canadians are fussy about Americans with guns, they are as fussy about food items and alcohol. It is no better in some places with re-entry into the US. Hundreds of dollars in fines are possible for not carefully reading the US and Canadian border websites about prohibited food items We did a trip similar to OP but since I knew that we were going into Canada, all of the guns stayed at home. We got the same questions from the Canadian border guard - did we have any guns with us? Did we own any guns? We passed through with no problems but they do strip search RVs if they think you are not telling them the truth.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

chasfm11 wrote:
C-dub wrote:NY? How about that litre detour out of the country?

As I read that description, the trailer was parked at Grand Island and they were crossing the border with the truck only. I don't blame them for doing that.

Crossing the Canadian border with an RV can be a wallet lightening experience. While the Canadians are fussy about Americans with guns, they are as fussy about food items and alcohol. It is no better in some places with re-entry into the US. Hundreds of dollars in fines are possible for not carefully reading the US and Canadian border websites about prohibited food items We did a trip similar to OP but since I knew that we were going into Canada, all of the guns stayed at home. We got the same questions from the Canadian border guard - did we have any guns with us? Did we own any guns? We passed through with no problems but they do strip search RVs if they think you are not telling them the truth.
Possibly, but when he said they asked if they had guns in their trailer I took that to mean that the trailer was in tow and crossing with them. However, you never know since I meant to type "little" and not "litre."
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”