What is a judicial center

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
338winmag
Posts in topic: 7

What is a judicial center

Post by 338winmag »

I went to get the tax sticker for my truck the other day, and noticed they had 8 1/2'' x 11'' pieces of paper taped to both entryway door of the court house stating the county commissioners had designated the whole court house as a judicial center. They also had 30.06 and 07 signs posted.

I thought the AG had issued a ruling stating carrying a firearm in parts of the court house was legal if the office you were visiting was not affiliated with the courts.

What gives?

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Re: What is a judicial center

Post by ScottDLS »

Answer. it's like a Zoo School or Museum School or Library School owned by the county.

Seriously, what county?
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bblhd672 »

A place where black robed dictators rule in accordance with their beliefs instead of the US or Texas Constitution and laws? :biggrinjester:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
338winmag

Post by 338winmag »

ScottDLS wrote:Answer. it's like a Zoo School or Museum School or Library School owned by the county.

Seriously, what county?
Liberty

Topic author
338winmag

Post by 338winmag »

bblhd672 wrote:A place where black robed dictators rule in accordance with their beliefs instead of the US or Texas Constitution and laws? :biggrinjester:
Actually, they don't wear black robes. They dress like drugstore cowboys, and act like the back end of a horse.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

338winmag wrote:I went to get the tax sticker for my truck the other day, and noticed they had 8 1/2'' x 11'' pieces of paper taped to both entryway door of the court house stating the county commissioners had designated the whole court house as a judicial center. They also had 30.06 and 07 signs posted.

I thought the AG had issued a ruling stating carrying a firearm in parts of the court house was legal if the office you were visiting was not affiliated with the courts.

What gives?

You didn't mention the county where this is going on, but as far as I can tell, the term "judicial center" is not found in any definitions in the penal code, nor in any of the AG opinions on the subject so far.
I know that the AG has been slow to respond, but I would follow through with a complaint to the county, as well as the AG. Our vaunted legislators, this session, I guess, decided, that this type of issue, was not worth their time to pursue, rectifying, but the only way we can gain any inroads is to continue to follow through with the only recourse we have available. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

338winmag wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:Answer. it's like a Zoo School or Museum School or Library School owned by the county.

Seriously, what county?
Liberty
Well now, there's irony for you....... :anamatedbanana
No 'liberty' in 'Liberty' county..... :eek6
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Topic author
338winmag

Post by 338winmag »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote:
338winmag wrote:

Seriously, what county?
Liberty
Well now, there's irony for you....... :anamatedbanana
No 'liberty' in 'Liberty' county..... :eek6

Well, it's been that way since I've lived here. The ''connected'' people and everyone else.

Since I'm ''retired'' I should go take a picture of it. Now all I have to do is remember to do that.

Topic author
338winmag

Post by 338winmag »

The typing paper sign.

Topic author
338winmag

Post by 338winmag »

The doors with 3006-3007 signs plus the hoky judicial center signs.

ETA: This is posted on the west side, of the court house annex, which is attached to the courthouse. They (commissioner's court), in their infinite wisdom, have closed off the other 3 entrances to the courthouse, to prevent terrorism, and this is the only way in now.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ScottDLS »

Maybe if someone complains about to the AG, he'll issue in opinion in two years or so saying that the signs are OK. :mad5
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

In Cherokee County, the commissioners are elected every so often. Just sayin'...

Topic author
338winmag

Post by 338winmag »

They do that here too. Except it's like shuffling a small deck of cards.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”