Lost LTC replacement question

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 4

Lost LTC replacement question

Post by E.Marquez »

So yes, I lost my wallet and with it my LTC.
I went online and followed (I think) the process to report and request a replacement.
I got an email confirmation that I had started the process, but the message also said
Your checklist contains no required supporting document items.
Please upload all items from the checklist, if applicable, through the RSD secured website: https://www.dps.texas.gov/rsd/contact/chlatt.aspx.
Now Im concerned I missed some required document i was supposed to attach for a replacement....
Do you have to provide ANY supporting docs for a simple, no address change replacement LTC? If so what?

Thanks
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

txglock21
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Lost LTC replacement question

Post by txglock21 »

No. You should be ok. I think they put that message on all confirmations. I've done both a change of address and renewal, they both said the same thing but went through without sending any further documents. I think the "if applicable" part is what should be focused on. :tiphat:
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

txglock21 wrote:No. You should be ok. I think they put that message on all confirmations. I've done both a change of address and renewal, they both said the same thing but went through without sending any further documents. I think the "if applicable" part is what should be focused on. :tiphat:
Txglock21 is right. I actually had to submit extra documents with my first CHL app in 2007 because I was born overseas. When I renewed this last April (which took 15 days from online app to plastic in hand), the website made note that I needed to provide documentation again. While I was still in the process of assembling the things I needed to make a copy to send DPS, I got my plastic.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

30 min waiting on the phone and the DPS Rep answer to my "do I need to provide any supporting documents for this request was "
"Sir you only have to provide supporting documents if required"
Yes ma'am, so my question is, are there any supporting documents required for my situation and request?

"Sir I just told you if you need supporting documents, then you must provide them"

Yes ma'am, but that is my concern I don't know IF I need to provide them, does my request for a replacement LTC, with no change of status, address made, just a simple duplicate LTC require any supporting documentations?

"Sir, please provide the required supporting documentation though the on line upload feature or mail them in to the address provided"
"Are there any other questions I can answer for you?"

Ahh, no ma'am, thanks...... :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :mad5
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas

Topic author
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

txglock21 wrote:No. You should be ok. I think they put that message on all confirmations. I've done both a change of address and renewal, they both said the same thing but went through without sending any further documents. I think the "if applicable" part is what should be focused on. :tiphat:
Thanks, thats makes sense, but its a governmental ORG Im working with here, so common sense does not always apply.

Topic author
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Txglock21 is right. I actually had to submit extra documents with my first CHL app in 2007 because I was born overseas. When I renewed this last April (which took 15 days from online app to plastic in hand), the website made note that I needed to provide documentation again. While I was still in the process of assembling the things I needed to make a copy to send DPS, I got my plastic.
Thanks

Makes sense....
now I wait....(and carry under the authority of a non resident CHL from a reciprocity state)

RicoTX

Post by RicoTX »

That could be a programmer too lazy to write an 'if' statement. I come across this all the time and it drives me crazy. It could also be, because it's a government website, it is required to cause confusion and create more work for civil servants. :mrgreen:

I have submitted a request for a replacement in the past, ignored the message, and had new plastic in 4 business days
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

JakeTheSnake

Post by JakeTheSnake »

E.Marquez wrote:So yes, I lost my wallet and with it my LTC.
I went online and followed (I think) the process to report and request a replacement.
I got an email confirmation that I had started the process, but the message also said
Your checklist contains no required supporting document items.
Please upload all items from the checklist, if applicable, through the RSD secured website: https://www.dps.texas.gov/rsd/contact/chlatt.aspx.
Now Im concerned I missed some required document i was supposed to attach for a replacement....
Do you have to provide ANY supporting docs for a simple, no address change replacement LTC? If so what?

Thanks
This answers your question. When you first apply for your LTC, you have required items on your check list.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”