LTC friendly movie theater

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Logan'sGlock
Posts in topic: 3

LTC friendly movie theater

Post by Logan'sGlock »

Hey guys I'm looking for a movie theater in or around San Antonio. That is LTC friendly haven't been to the movies in a while but I really want to see Spider-man but a lot of theaters have 30.06 posted.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Re: LTC friendly movie theater

Post by oljames3 »

Logan'sGlock wrote:Hey guys I'm looking for a movie theater in or around San Antonio. That is LTC friendly haven't been to the movies in a while but I really want to see Spider-man but a lot of theaters have 30.06 posted.
http://texas3006.com
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

TexasFlash

Post by TexasFlash »

welcome to the forum!
I haven't been in a while, but Santikos theaters weren't posted, nor was Alamo Drafthouse. Enjoy!
Dave :txflag:

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

So far Cinemarks have only posted 30.07 signs that I've seen.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
Logan'sGlock

Post by Logan'sGlock »

Thanks for the input guys I'll check these places out. I cant believe that a lot of movie theaters would rather have us law abiding citizens defenseless rather then armed.

bdgyeah

Post by bdgyeah »

I refuse to go to the movies. I'm so disappointed in the quality of the movies and movie stars opening their mouths. If I have to go, it's because its a cartoony movie that my wife drags me to kicking and screaming for the kiddos. But I have to be able to CC. Good luck in your search.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

The AMC theater near me is 30.07 last time I looked.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

MechAg94 wrote:The AMC theater near me is 30.07 last time I looked.
Most AMC theaters are posted 30.06 as well.

https://www.texas3006.com/view.php?post ... ion_type=+

Cinemark is only posted 30.07. Studio Movie Grill is not posted at all.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Logan'sGlock wrote:Thanks for the input guys I'll check these places out. I cant believe that a lot of movie theaters would rather have us law abiding citizens defenseless rather then armed.
They believe it is safer to have an environment where crazed killers know that they will encounter no armed resistance. It's basically an extension of Chamberlain's appeasement policies that worked so well with Hitler.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Logan'sGlock wrote:Thanks for the input guys I'll check these places out. I cant believe that a lot of movie theaters would rather have us law abiding citizens defenseless rather then armed.
They believe it is safer to have an environment where crazed killers know that they will encounter no armed resistance. It's basically an extension of Chamberlain's appeasement policies that worked so well with Hitler.
I personally don't think that they give the safety aspect of this situation a second thought. Some businesses wear their Liberal ideologies on their sleeves and are willing to do anything, including bankruptcy, to show their Progressive solidarity. Remember that AMC is an extension of Hollywood and we have significant demonstrable evidence where that crowd's thinking is on firearms for citizens. I've always been pleasantly surprised that Cinemark doesn't follow suit. I've always feared that all of the movie houses would end up like all of the medical buildings.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

My local Cinemark is 30.07. That's perfectly fine by me (I know some people take offense at 30.07 signs, I don't. On the other hand, if I see a valid 30.06 sign, that business will NEVER get my money)
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Topic author
Logan'sGlock

Post by Logan'sGlock »

OldCannon wrote:My local Cinemark is 30.07. That's perfectly fine by me (I know some people take offense at 30.07 signs, I don't. On the other hand, if I see a valid 30.06 sign, that business will NEVER get my money)
:iagree: I'll prolly check out Alamo draft house it's nice and you get a meal during the movie.

Medley86

Post by Medley86 »

We went and watched a movie at a cinemark today, was 07 posted but that wasn't a big deal. I did like their seating, electric recliners, and you can buy tickets before you arrive and actually select the exact seats you want. Also, call me paranoid but I liked the low walls between every row, we were in the back and if the worst did happen, I would have had some cover to put between us and a threat and allow an elevated position to deal with it if necessary.
Ruger LCP in a Talon wallet holster EDC

cowhow
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cowhow »

We went up to the Cinemark at Alliance (30.07) a week ago. It was a drive across town but why would I surrender a firearm at precisely the time and place I am most likely to need it?

strogg

Post by strogg »

Cinemark Denton for me. I'm perfectly fine with 30.07 signs myself. I understand that some people may find a civvy holstering a handgun out in the open may be disconcerting, so I respect that. I wish their minds would change, but exercising open carry may achieve the opposite effect. This is why I only "open" carry under an unbuttoned outer shirt. Seeing a 30.07 sign merely means I gotta make sure my sidearm doesn't peek. Or I go IWB, but that is normally quite uncomfortable.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”