Howdy from North Carolina

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
AG-EE
Posts in topic: 3

Howdy from North Carolina

Post by AG-EE »

Hi everybody. I made it safely all 3 trips. Got my family up here which made life a lot better, and we managed to avoid staying overnight in Memphis, which i consider a huge accomplishment!! After I flew back unarmed to get my family, I realized all of my handguns were either at my dad's house packed up or in NC, so that seemed like a good excuse for one last Texas purchase...a S&W 442. That thing is handy and I could hide it in my ear I think.

I still can't believe I left Texas, but so far i really like it here. The weather is great, I went hiking in the mountains (40 minute drive), and I am looking forward to going surf fishing in about a month or so at Cape Hatteras pretending I am Robert Ruark growing up. I am much happier with my job, which makes me a happier person overall. I could only buffer my disdain for my previous job for so long before it began to affect all other areas of my life.

We got our house sold in about 28 days, so now we are looking for a place to call home here. I'll be getting my NC CHL as soon as I can. If any of you are ever in the Greensboro NC area, give me a shout. It is always good to visit with a fellow Texan.

Best regards,
Cody

nuparadigm
Posts in topic: 1

Post by nuparadigm »

I wish you well, Cody. NC is a beautiful place .... but it aint Texas.
The last train out of any station will not be filled with nice people.

Remember Newton and Azrak.

seamusTX

Re: Howdy from North Carolina

Post by seamusTX »

AG-EE wrote:I am much happier with my job, which makes me a happier person overall. I could only buffer my disdain for my previous job for so long before it began to affect all other areas of my life.
Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I've heard nothing bad about North Carolina. It's not like you moved to New Jersey or something.

Good luck.

- Jim

Topic author
AG-EE

Post by AG-EE »

Hello everyone. We bought a house that we really like and we are getting settled in. The only thing is I can't find the keys to my little gunvault, and I have two pistols in there. The batteries have gone low and they can't open the mechanism, so once again learn from my unpreparedness and keep up with those spare keys! They should be packed away in a box somewhere that I haven't gotten to yet. Hopefully I won't have to break it(or try to break it)

In other news, ATF told me that my dad cannot ship my guns to me, they have to go through an FFL, so that is a bummer. I just need to convince my dad that he needs to come ride his harley on the Blue Ridge Parkway, and bring my guns with him:)

I hope all is well for my fellow Texans. I just need to convince my company to open a design center in Friendswood so I can go learn some more stuff from Charles. Have fun at CHLForum day, and pop off a few .45s for me.

Regards,
Cody

aerod1

Post by aerod1 »

I have a good friend who lives in Stokesdale which isn't far from Greensboro. NC is a good place for gun owners.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
Texas CHL, C&R 03 FFL
US Navy veteran, USS Midway (V-1 division)

Topic author
AG-EE

Post by AG-EE »

Stokesdale is very close. It is pretty good as far as gun rights, but it's no Texas for sure. Carrying loaded rifles or shotguns is a big no-no, so no trunk guns here. The CHL is more restrictive on places that are disallowed, but not too bad. But it'll do. Work is going well, they just announced that they are expanding, so that is good news.

How did CHL forum day go?

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

CHL forum day went well; I think you would have enjoyed it.

I'm glad you're settling in well in NC. It's good to hear that they are relaxing the restrictions over there.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

cbr600

Post by cbr600 »

Belated welcome to NC Cody. Enjoy Autumn. :grin:
Venus Pax wrote:It's good to hear that they are relaxing the restrictions over there.
Amen. It wasn't so long ago that we needed a Pistol Purchase Permit from the local sheriff each time we acquired a handgun, whether from a dealer or via private sale. Now if one has a Concealed Handgun Permit, a purchase permit is not required. Naturally, unlicensed citizens still have to get a permission slip from their local sheriff each time they buy a handgun. (So much for those HCI lies.)

Perhaps some day NC will relax the ccw laws so decent people can carry at the movies or in restaurants that serve alcohol.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”