Prohibited Places

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

player_twister
Posts in topic: 8

Post by player_twister »

oh, and If you want to talk to the deputy directly:

DEPUTY SHERIFF 830-885-1071

This may be the Guard Box at the entrance to the parking lot. I wasn't "pulling your leg". I know this is the deputy's number at the school.

player_twister
Posts in topic: 8

Post by player_twister »

I went to the school today to pay some overdue library fees.
The sign with the gun X'd out is now gone. Here is what is posted now.

GUN FREE 18USC 922Q
DRUG FREE 20USC 3217
SCHOOL ZONE
IT's A FEDERAL CRIME

What the????? Someone may have called the phone numbers from my previous post. Anyone care to take this one on?

Thanks

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 5

Post by seamusTX »

All school grounds are federal "gun free zones." You can carry there if you have a CHL.

The law is rarely enforced in any case. I've heard of it being enforced only when people actually committed criminal assaults or trespass in schools.

- Jim

Penn
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Penn »

player_twister wrote:I went to the school today to pay some overdue library fees.
The sign with the gun X'd out is now gone. Here is what is posted now.

GUN FREE 18USC 922Q
DRUG FREE 20USC 3217
SCHOOL ZONE
IT's A FEDERAL CRIME

What the????? Someone may have called the phone numbers from my previous post. Anyone care to take this one on?

Thanks

They conveniently left out this section of 922q:

(B) Subparagraph (A) does not apply to the possession of a firearm—

(ii) if the individual possessing the firearm is licensed to do so by the State in which the school zone is located or a political subdivision of the State, and the law of the State or political subdivision requires that, before an individual obtains such a license, the law enforcement authorities of the State or political subdivision verify that the individual is qualified under law to receive the license;

Even so - and I'm not 100% sure - can the deputy enforce federal law anyway? I guess he could detain you for a reasonable period of time until he figured out that the FBI was never going to show up.

mikesrex

Post by mikesrex »

I've noticed that a few racetracks such as Houston Raceway Park and Texas Motorplex have 30.06 signs posted on the entrance at the gate.

Could a CHL-holder legally transport the handgun in the vehicle at all?

How will 30.06 signs in parking areas such as these affect non-CHL holders when the new travel law goes into effect, allowing anyone to have a handgun in the vehicle?

GrillKing
Posts in topic: 2

Post by GrillKing »

mikesrex wrote:How will 30.06 signs in parking areas such as these affect non-CHL holders when the new travel law goes into effect, allowing anyone to have a handgun in the vehicle?
Put a "No Guns Allowed" or a ghostbuster on the 30.06 sign and you have made it tresspassing to carry under the new law as well, I think?!?!?!

Renegade

Post by Renegade »

mikesrex wrote:I've noticed that a few racetracks such as Houston Raceway Park and Texas Motorplex have 30.06 signs posted on the entrance at the gate.

Could a CHL-holder legally transport the handgun in the vehicle at all?
Consensus in the other thread was 30.06 signs at entrance to parking lots were N/A if you abided by new 09/01 rules.
mikesrex wrote: How will 30.06 signs in parking areas such as these affect non-CHL holders
30.06 signs have no effect on non-CHLs, now or on 09/01.

GrillKing
Posts in topic: 2

Post by GrillKing »

Renegade wrote: Consensus in the other thread was 30.06 signs at entrance to parking lots were N/A if you abided by new 09/01 rules.
It will be interesting to see what happens after Sept 1.

Dwight K. Schrute

Post by Dwight K. Schrute »

GrillKing wrote:
Renegade wrote: Consensus in the other thread was 30.06 signs at entrance to parking lots were N/A if you abided by new 09/01 rules.
Definitely...
Μολὼν λαβέ

Renegade

Post by Renegade »

GrillKing wrote:
I imagine nothing will happen, as nobody will know you have a gun in your console, etc.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”