According to the LV articles... I'm nutz!

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
flechero
Posts in topic: 1

According to the LV articles... I'm nutz!

Post by flechero »

Wow, according to articles I'm reading on the LV shooting, anyone who doesn't have an active twitter or face book account is "keeping a low profile." How about I don't give a rip about other's thoughts of my life and choices or I don't want to document my life's minutia to the world?!?!?!? I don't do fish kiss faces for friends or care who is dating who! lol

What a sad state of affairs.

anygunanywhere

Re: According to the LV articles... I'm nutz!

Post by anygunanywhere »

flechero wrote:Wow, according to articles I'm reading on the LV shooting, anyone who doesn't have an active twitter or face book account is "keeping a low profile." How about I don't give a rip about other's thoughts of my life and choices or I don't want to document my life's minutia to the world?!?!?!? I don't do fish kiss faces for friends or care who is dating who! lol

I don't book face or twit. I dread email cause most of it is useless. My cell phone is a useful tool except when it rings. I did install some good ring tones that make it more bearable especially when SWMBO calls and the tone reminds me of her.

Beyond that I'm right there with you.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

I have that FB thingy going put my footprint is relatively small. All my friends are actually people I know personally and I block friend requests from the public.
I also placed a post LV rifle order at grabagun.com buut so far I have not seen a difference in the ordering procedure.

:tiphat:
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Captain Matt

Post by Captain Matt »

I had facebook but dropped it when they stopped requiring an edu email address. I never had a Twitter or Tinder account. I'm sure the MSM would have a field day maligning me for no recent social media presence and no permanent residential address.
"hic sunt dracones"

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

flechero wrote:Wow, according to articles I'm reading on the LV shooting, anyone who doesn't have an active twitter or face book account is "keeping a low profile." How about I don't give a rip about other's thoughts of my life and choices or I don't want to document my life's minutia to the world?!?!?!? I don't do fish kiss faces for friends or care who is dating who! lol

I always suspected you... just kidding. I got on Facebook cuz my daughter said I needed to if I was going to keep up with her. Now I am on just to keep up with the grandkids. But other than that I have very little need for it.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Vol Texan »

Add me to the crazy list, too. I have none of those, and likely never will. It took me years to finally give in an get a LinkedIn account, but that is only because I found myself nearing critical mass in the oil & gas slowdown. I still hate the fact that I had to open that one, but to be honest, in this day in age, you can't find a decent job without it in my field. That being said, I have the account, and I've never once posted anything on it. It exists solely for job hunting.

I use email, but I won't even use text messages. My phone Now holds a ton of text messages that I've never even read (and never will). I shut off all alerts, so I don't even know that I get them - but since it won't let me delete the texting app, I left the little counter on it so I can watch my number climb a little each month. I had it over 5000 earlier this year, but accidentally deleted a ton of them so I’m down under 3000 unread.
18D1DE9F-81A4-4E5F-84D8-82E562184D83.jpeg
So for me, it's really only two things: TexasCHLForum, and some of the backroom chatter between the Texas3006.com moderators. Everything else I've found is really junk
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

I have my own blog where I give a running account of how and where I'm spending my day and what I had for lunch. That and I post a whole bunch on this TXCHLForum thing and subguns.com and a bunch of other right wing nut blogs....I wonder if they're watching me... ;-)
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

CZp10
Banned

Post by CZp10 »

By that measure I guess I am not only nutz, I literally do not exist. Ah, what a great feeling of freedom. :cool:

rotor

Post by rotor »

I have a FB account but no friends and refuse to have any. Not even family are welcome. But, if you want to complain about certain business like their 30.06 status you need an account to complain. I have twitter but don't use it except to find out what Trump says. So, these accounts do have value and reach more business when you want to COMPLAIN then writing letters to the CEO. I therefore urge everyone to open an account, never use it except to make your wishes about 30.06/07 known. Otherwise I believe that posting any personal info about yourself is a mistake.
As far as text messaging, when your phone won't work texting usually does and I use it mainly to know when UPS has delivered my ammo or whatever.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

I have a brother-in-law that does not have a computer, smart phone, internet access, or email. He recently tried to sell something and the guy who was interested asked how to get back in touch with him. After the options of email and text were ruled out, the potential buyer walked away. We can only assume the buyer thought he was talking to a crazy guy, or a liar.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

As somebody that maintains an active FB and LinkedIn account, I'm keeping an eye out for y'all. :biggrinjester:

Truth be told, I use social media every day but I limit it to keeping up with friends and family and staying plugged in professionally. I don't do Twitter very often and usually for a specific purpose. I'm pretty sure it was conceived in one of Dante's Levels.

Vol Texan, that's an impressive number of unread texts!
Psalm 91:2

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

SQLGeek wrote:As somebody that maintains an active FB and LinkedIn account, I'm keeping an eye out for y'all. :biggrinjester:

Truth be told, I use social media every day but I limit it to keeping up with friends and family and staying plugged in professionally. I don't do Twitter very often and usually for a specific purpose. I'm pretty sure it was conceived in one of Dante's Levels.

Perhaps he has Anthony Wieners old phone #!!!! "rlol"
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

TreyHouston wrote:
SQLGeek wrote:As somebody that maintains an active FB and LinkedIn account, I'm keeping an eye out for y'all. :biggrinjester:

Perhaps he has Anthony Wieners old phone #!!!! "rlol"
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I have FB and Instagram. I've got a Twitter account, but I only use it to read stuff occasionally when something is happening. I'm caregiver for my MIL who lives with us, during the week I never leave the house and just short runs on the weekend, pretty much all of my friends are online. I've started a little jewelry biz, so I use instagram a lot.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

VOL TEXANS - did you just mark me on the internet? Shame on you! :biggrinjester:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”