CHL Denial

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 2

Re: CHL Denial

Post by TreyHouston »

Chasingtail2 wrote:
TreyHouston wrote:I love it when people post a question and then refuse to answer questions. Why are we entertaining this?
You have no Idea how much that hurts... Like I said before Ive spent 20 years reliving that time and it really does hurt like heck knowing you have been punished for something you didn't do. Usually I just let trolls have their way but in this case its personal and I have to defend myself. Thank you for understanding that these thing do happen to people. :cheers2:
I apologize, just thought you posted and left! I wish you luck with correcting any mistake with your record. Follow up and let us know how it turned out!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bblhd672 »

Chasingtail2 wrote:I appreciate your question.. This was many years ago when this took place. The judgment was 5 years probation but my probation officer sent a request to have me dismissed early. He took into consideration that I had turned my life around and at that time was going to join the Marine corps until a Nasty accident grew that out of the window. "pretty much broke my back" I was granted the early termination shortly there after.
None of us are perfect and nearly all have done something they aren't proud of. I know I have plenty of mistakes I'd change if I could.

Best of luck with your process - unfortunately getting an attorney involved who is good at these things is probably the best course of action.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
Chasingtail2
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Chasingtail2 »

TreyHouston wrote:
Chasingtail2 wrote:
TreyHouston wrote:I love it when people post a question and then refuse to answer questions. Why are we entertaining this?
You have no Idea how much that hurts... Like I said before Ive spent 20 years reliving that time and it really does hurt like heck knowing you have been punished for something you didn't do. Usually I just let trolls have their way but in this case its personal and I have to defend myself. Thank you for understanding that these thing do happen to people. :cheers2:
I apologize, just thought you posted and left! I wish you luck with correcting any mistake with your record. Follow up and let us know how it turned out!

I will sir! It may take some time before that happens, new baby boy and of course the holidays are upon us. Once all that clears up I can focus on getting that past erased for good. Well I’ll still feel it but at least I can have the opportunity to protect my family in public.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Topic author
Chasingtail2

Post by Chasingtail2 »

bblhd672 wrote:
Chasingtail2 wrote:I appreciate your question.. This was many years ago when this took place. The judgment was 5 years probation but my probation officer sent a request to have me dismissed early. He took into consideration that I had turned my life around and at that time was going to join the Marine corps until a Nasty accident grew that out of the window. "pretty much broke my back" I was granted the early termination shortly there after.
None of us are perfect and nearly all have done something they aren't proud of. I know I have plenty of mistakes I'd change if I could.

Best of luck with your process - unfortunately getting an attorney involved who is good at these things is probably the best course of action.
That seems to be the case and once I get this sorted out I’ll post an update. Thank you sir.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

People come on here to find answers not to judged or preached at. The guy didn't post anything that looked trollish or like grabber bait to me. He just stated a case and asked a question. Folks seem pretty jumpy here lately. This Group is about guns, and promoting the first amendment we should try to be a good ambassador for our cause and not the traffic cop who is looking for the tiniest infraction to jump all over someone. The gun grabbing trolls seem to have turned us from a friendly group into paranoid quick on the draw bunch.

As far as the mommy grabbers go they don't have to take what we say and twist it out of context. They can and do just makeup crap. On another topic: Leftist can be for our right to bear arms and they are some of the people that we can win over. The left is naturally drawn to civil rights and they are the folks where we can draw on for growth. Remember conservative people are already on our side they don't need to be won over. I just believe that we can do a better job if we are friendlier and do more to present ourselves as the good guy, and not be so combative.

Maybe I'm being combative now. I don't know, but it just seems as though some people were being a little combative to a new poster. I remember when we were a lot more welcoming and helpful to new posters. I wish the OP luck in his efforts and hope that the people who are in a position to help him aren't so judgemental.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

Liberty wrote:People come on here to find answers not to judged or preached at. The guy didn't post anything that looked trollish or like grabber bait to me. He just stated a case and asked a question. Folks seem pretty jumpy here lately. This Group is about guns, and promoting the first amendment we should try to be a good ambassador for our cause and not the traffic cop who is looking for the tiniest infraction to jump all over someone. The gun grabbing trolls seem to have turned us from a friendly group into paranoid quick on the draw bunch.

As far as the mommy grabbers go they don't have to take what we say and twist it out of context. They can and do just makeup crap. On another topic: Leftist can be for our right to bear arms and they are some of the people that we can win over. The left is naturally drawn to civil rights and they are the folks where we can draw on for growth. Remember conservative people are already on our side they don't need to be won over. I just believe that we can do a better job if we are friendlier and do more to present ourselves as the good guy, and not be so combative.

Maybe I'm being combative now. I don't know, but it just seems as though some people were being a little combative to a new poster. I remember when we were a lot more welcoming and helpful to new posters. I wish the OP luck in his efforts and hope that the people who are in a position to help him aren't so judgemental.
:iagree:
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

spectre
Banned

Post by spectre »

I noticed the forum members who answered the question didn't need any more information than the original post, and the nosy nellies who demanded more information didn't add anything useful to the answer when they got that information.
I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

Topic author
Chasingtail2

Post by Chasingtail2 »

At least some people get it... Thanks guys, your understanding goes a long way with me and it’s appreciated.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”