Now this is the reason why I carry

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
lildave40
Posts in topic: 4

Now this is the reason why I carry

Post by lildave40 »

I wanted to share with you what happened to me today during lunch. I had a quick honey do that I was going to do during lunch. Well I stopped at a kroger gas station to fuel up. I park and get out of my truck and start fueling up. well there was a lady on the other side of the pump fueling as well. Just then a truck pulls up behind her and 3 men in there early 20s jump out and approach her and tell her that they are going to clean her head light for 30 bucks. In her her broken English she tells them no thank you. They kept insisting and started to put toothpaste on her headlights and said dont worry this wont take long and you can pay us. She starts to get scared and puts the pump up and starts to try to get in her car when one of the men blocks her from getting in her car and tells her she is going to pay one way or the other. I could here the baby starting to cry in the car as she starts backing away begging for them to leave. I already knew the route this was going so did a quick check. who is around who is doing what where is my exit and of course weapon check. The lady was now on my side of the pump. The men kept insisting on payment and were acting like if I was not even there. That is when I shouted at them to leave her alone. Well that changed everything there focus was on me now. They had some choice words about me and started to approach me. Just then the lady runs to her car and takes off. In the corner of my eye I can see the attendant standing up on the phone. I start backing away as the men separated while walking to me. Just then one of the men said that I am going to pay for them missing there money and pulls out a pipe from his bag. That is when I said look I dont want any beef with you but if you continue I will have no choice but to defend myself. One of the men says what your gonna shoot us all. My response was well yeah if I have no choice I will. Well I was called more choice words as they went to there truck and sped off. I look around and everyone was gone even the attendant.

Tex1961

Re: Now this is the reason why I carry

Post by Tex1961 »

Where you did right.

Verified your targets.
Verified your weapon was ready
Verified what was behind your targets
Protected a mother and child.
Was able to defuse the situation without pulling your firearm.

Where you went wrong.
Hmm, can't think of anything on that....

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

What did law enforcement say when they arrived?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
lildave40

Post by lildave40 »

bblhd672 wrote:What did law enforcement say when they arrived?
When the attendant came back she said she called. Waiting 20 minutes and no show so I left. Yes I left my information with the clerk.

bobby
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bobby »

Hmm did right as far as I see. :tiphat:
:txflag:

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

"One of the men says what your gonna shoot us all."

This is the perfect time to say a Clint Eastwood line like: You'll be first!

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 5

Post by SewTexas »

good job! thank you for taking care of that young mom, how scared she must have been! I'm sure her husband thanks you, too!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

I'm glad you didn't get hurt.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPBrown »

SewTexas wrote:good job! thank you for taking care of that young mom, how scared she must have been! I'm sure her husband thanks you, too!
:iagree: With this
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Pariah3j
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Pariah3j »

Curious what part of town this happened at?
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

About the scariest thing I can imagine is the offer of a fight over something meaningless. I've seen two situations that were bad, both in the local Wal Mart parking lot. Once, my wife and I got buzzed pretty close by some guy with a chip on his shoulder driving way too fast for a parking lot, the other time was a domestic disturbance playing itself out.

I was absolutely delighted when the situations disappeared without any contact.

Jay2121
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jay2121 »

Well done sir? Thank you for standing up for that defenseless woman. Well done!
I wish there were more like you.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

I have to say.. I admire your restraint... Guy pulls out a pipe and starts to threaten me, I'mm pretty sure I'm going to put one hand out to say stop and the other is going to go back to my gun. I may not pull it yet, but I guarantee he'll know I'm armed...

EDIT: If he was within striking distance with that pipe, say 3 - 5 feet then I'd most likely pull out my firearm and at least go low ready on him... To me that is a direct lethal threat...

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

Tex1961 wrote:I have to say.. I admire your restraint... Guy pulls out a pipe and starts to threaten me, I'mm pretty sure I'm going to put one hand out to say stop and the other is going to go back to my gun. I may not pull it yet, but I guarantee he'll know I'm armed...

EDIT: If he was within striking distance with that pipe, say 3 - 5 feet then I'd most likely pull out my firearm and at least go low ready on him... To me that is a direct lethal threat...
At 3 - 5 feet it is almost a toe to toe distance and I'd say it is a live threateninf situation if the aggressor has a steel pipe in his hand.
The stupid thing about is it may be some stupid kid(s) doing stupid things.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Topic author
lildave40

Post by lildave40 »

Tex1961 wrote:I have to say.. I admire your restraint... Guy pulls out a pipe and starts to threaten me, I'mm pretty sure I'm going to put one hand out to say stop and the other is going to go back to my gun. I may not pull it yet, but I guarantee he'll know I'm armed...

This happened on the east side of town. As for my restraint I notice by there body movements they were just posturing. " was not taking a chance though" my hand was close to my gun but not on it. I felt if there were not posturing and I put my hand on it as to pull it out I would have escalated the situation. As for my distance 3 to 5 feet yeah no. I had my exit and as they started to approach me I met them step to step backing up.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”