American Airlines Center, I have an answer

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Renegade

Post by Renegade »

Kalrog wrote:
Renegade wrote:Read it again. Prosecution is what is prohibited, not entry.
If this was the case, then wouldn't city buildings be able to bar your entry but not be able to prosecute? I think we are all pretty much agreed that the city cannot bar you from entry from city hall with your CHL.
Yes, but most city buildings do not setup metal detectors at entry so they do not know you are carrying, and thus cannot exclude you.

Some Govts have wised up an now put Govt offices inside a court building. For example, Collin County property tax office is in a court building.

Renegade

Post by Renegade »

I think we have our answer.

They will continue to exclude CHL until a Judge rules otherwise.

Kalrog
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Kalrog »

Renegade wrote:I think we have our answer.

They will continue to exclude CHL until a Judge rules otherwise.
On this we agree.

Penn
Posts in topic: 11

Re: RESPONSE from AAC!!!!!

Post by Penn »

John[/quote][/quote]

If someone could figure out the legal eccentricities (Texas) of how to contest this whole "house rules" deal...We might have a leg to stand on...I do not believe it is reasonable to restrict those of us who can legally possess and carry a firearm for lawful purposes anymore...I would surely sign on to the deal...

They do not believe we are united enough to do it...[/quote]

Are you suggesting that we should be allowed to go onto a persons (or corporations) private property and do what ever we want irregardless of their "house rules"?

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 24

Re: RESPONSE from AAC!!!!!

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Penn wrote:Are you suggesting that we should be allowed to go onto a persons (or corporations) private property and do what ever we want irregardless of their "house rules"?
When you put it like that, no...Obviously...

But the facility in question is a government (taxpayer funded), and somewhat privately funded facility...

I'd say there shouldn't be a problem with it, so yup...

BTW, their "house rules" are not the law, and the way they are stipifying those rules to the public is that they are the law...That to me is intentional and misleading and should be challenged...

But, if they just come right out and say they don't want "guns" because they don't like them in their building...Sure, I'm ok with that...Just don't make yourself out to be something your not...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

frankie_the_yankee
Banned
Posts in topic: 22

Post by frankie_the_yankee »

The only reason they can have "house rules" saying no guns is because they are a private business with a leasehold on the property.

A city or state building cannot have house rules like that because the law clearly prohibits it.

The explanation you got was disingenuous.

AAC can have enforceable house rules like that because they are a private company with a leasehold on the property..

Try to get a hold of their general counsel office and they will explain it to you.
Ahm jus' a Southern boy trapped in a Yankee's body

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

frankie_the_yankee wrote:The only reason they can have "house rules" saying no guns is because they are a private business with a leasehold on the property.

A city or state building cannot have house rules like that because the law clearly prohibits it.

AAC can have enforceable house rules like that because they are a private company with a leasehold on the property..

Try to get a hold of their general counsel office and they will explain it to you.
Yep, only enforcable because they can only ask you to leave...But if you don't already know they are going to have a problem with you carrying into their facility, then I really don't have anything to offer ya...

Good thing most of us fully understand that these places are a pill about the issue anyway...So personally, I don't really bother going to them...So I don't have to deal with their "house rules"...

Doesn't mean we do not, and should not, have an opinion about how to rectify the differences (remember what the "AAC Safety Director said???) in the interpretation of the law...

Unless you're ok with their interpretation and "house rules"??? Sounds to me like you are...And thats ok...I've thought you've made some good points along the way...

Hopefully I'll measure up someday...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

frankie_the_yankee wrote:The only reason they can have "house rules" saying no guns is because they are a private business with a leasehold on the property.

You're still wrong, but I'll have to say you are committed to your belief.

Chas.

Renegade

Post by Renegade »

frankie_the_yankee wrote: AAC can have enforceable house rules like that because they are a private company with a leasehold on the property.
Then they should put up a 30.06 sign and end the confusion. Their current method does not preclude CHLs from carrying into the facility, ignorance is bliss on their part.

GrillKing
Posts in topic: 6

Post by GrillKing »

Renegade wrote: Then they should put up a 30.06 sign and end the confusion. Their current method does not preclude CHLs from carrying into the facility, ignorance is bliss on their part.
Agreed, either you are a private entity and you can use 30.06 and it's enforceable

or

You are a govenmental entity and you can't enforce 30.06.

Looks like we mostly all agree on that! The question is: What are they??? I don't have any idea anymore. But it is a good discussion. Looks like rightly or wrongly (from the legal perspective), you aren't going in with your firearm :cry:

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Renegade wrote:
frankie_the_yankee wrote: AAC can have enforceable house rules like that because they are a private company with a leasehold on the property.
Then they should put up a 30.06 sign and end the confusion. Their current method does not preclude CHLs from carrying into the facility, ignorance is bliss on their part.
But correctable... ;-)
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

GrillKing wrote: Agreed, either you are a private entity and you can use 30.06 and it's enforceable

or

You are a govenmental entity and you can't enforce 30.06.

Looks like we mostly all agree on that! The question is: What are they??? I don't have any idea anymore. But it is a good discussion. Looks like rightly or wrongly (from the legal perspective), you aren't going in with your firearm :cry:
Do you want the scary answer??? ;-)
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

Renegade

Post by Renegade »

stevie_d_64 wrote:
Renegade wrote:
But correctable... ;-)
I meant CHLs can legally carry into AAC and they are not aware of it, and no laws are being broken if not pro-sports, etc.

Photoman
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Photoman »

GrillKing wrote:Looks like rightly or wrongly (from the legal perspective), you aren't going in with your firearm

Ding ding ding! You win the prize. :lol:

Welcome to the wonderful world of case law.

I find the "house rules" position interesting. Popcorn? Camera? Please! I'm not interested in popcorn and cameras. I'm talking about my God given right to defend myself and a bunch of tinhorn billionaires, that are fleecing the government, don't have a leg to stand on telling me they are above the law.

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Renegade wrote:
stevie_d_64 wrote:
Renegade wrote:
But correctable... ;-)
I meant CHLs can legally carry into AAC and they are not aware of it, and no laws are being broken if not pro-sports, etc.
This is true, but we were already aware that even before this thread ever took off like it did, that you knew the "house rules" would not favor our argument (regardless of the event type), and that they could ask you to leave...

Thats about it...Pro-sports events obviously a no-no...That kind of thing is embedded in the law...We are all good on those issues...

The more this gets drawn out, it's clearer where the line is actually drawn...
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”