The couple with the infamous "F Trump and Sheriff Nehls" signs on their truck

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

OlBill
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The couple with the infamous "F Trump and Sheriff Nehls" signs on their truck

Post by OlBill »

striker55 wrote:I'm guessing yelling "fire" in a crowded theater is okay now. :banghead:
It always has been.

growlerVII

Re: The couple with the infamous "F Trump and Sheriff Nehls" signs on their truck

Post by growlerVII »

This is definitely a "Freddy Krueger" situation. The more attention we pay, the more power it gives them. Cursing is a low for of expression, nothing more. Words shouldn't hurt us. If they do them, we're no better than the rest of the world.
I was once at a kid's softball game when the local police chief came over the p.a, system stating that anyone heard swearing would be instantly arrested. ..........I couldn't help but laugh.

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

OlBill wrote:
striker55 wrote:I'm guessing yelling "fire" in a crowded theater is okay now. :banghead:
It always has been.
:iagree: :iagree:
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

bigtek
Banned

Post by bigtek »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:I appreciate the sentiment but I respectfully disagree. Banning signs, and other forms of "speech" because they are offensive to some people is a very slippery slope, and it's one that is best avoided, IMHO.
:iagree: and at least it's not a tattoo. NSFW
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

flechero

Post by flechero »

I guess there are not limits on this kind of stuff? Kind of like putting a naked pic on a billboard or something.... there are only a few words that aren't ok in public- so I wouldn't mind them being banned.

Free speech should be as uninfringed as the 2A... the f-word in public should be treated like a hi-cap mag in NYC. :shock:

striker55
Posts in topic: 2

Post by striker55 »

OlBill wrote:
It always has been.
I should have Google "yelling fire in a theater" it is not illegal, I stand corrected.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”