Yellowstone

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Stupid
Posts in topic: 1

Yellowstone

Post by Stupid »

Does anybody know if I can carry in the national park Yellowstone? Planning a trip there this year.
Please help the wounded store owner who fought off 3 robbers. He doesn't have medical insurance.
http://www.giveforward.com/ramoncastillo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.click2houston.com/news/26249961/detail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dougmyers5

Post by Dougmyers5 »

Weapons and firearms
Weapons, including state-permitted concealed weapons, are not allowed in Yellowstone. Unloaded firearms may be transported in a vehicle when the weapon is cased, broken down or rendered inoperable, and kept out of sight. Ammunition must be placed in a separate compartment of the vehicle.

http://www.yellowstonepark.com/MoreToKn ... tions.aspx
2be1-ask1
-----------------
DougMyers
NRA Endowed Life Member
CHL Issued June 2007
Member # 1567
http://www.texasopencarry.com/

DSARGE

Post by DSARGE »

What Dougmyers5 said. Been throught there a couple times on hunting trips. Stopped both times at the ranger station and asked--they made no big deal but said as long as it is in the case and ammo is seperate, there is no problem. I offered to check my rifle at the station, and they made a joke that "So and so will be out shooting prarie dogs with it. I asked about my pistola, and they said "don't be walking around with it out". Thier worry is not so much "a man with a gun", but someone popping a buffalo out thier truck window. Pretty laid back. I'd definately check in, though. This was prior to the 911 mindset.
I found the Lord again--although he never lost me!

westernamerican

Post by westernamerican »

Dougmyers5 wrote:Weapons and firearms
Weapons, including state-permitted concealed weapons, are not allowed in Yellowstone. Unloaded firearms may be transported in a vehicle when the weapon is cased, broken down or rendered inoperable, and kept out of sight. Ammunition must be placed in a separate compartment of the vehicle.

http://www.yellowstonepark.com/MoreToKn ... tions.aspx

austin

Post by austin »

I know one of the backcountry rangers for Yellowstone. He is always cracking jokes, but I would not want to cross him. He is always heavily armed and is a very good shot. He takes his job very seriously and is feared and hated by most outfitters and all the poachers.

His stories put lawdog to shame, but he won't write about them much.

And he is pro-gun!

spaceman025

Post by spaceman025 »

I had a similar experience in Big Bend. Unloaded the gun, put the cable lock through it and stowed it in my truck bed box. Ammo in the cab. Checked in at the ranger station. They were cool about it and not concerned at all. My first time through with a gun so I didn't know what to expect. They cared more about getting my $20 entrance fee.

RubenZ

Post by RubenZ »

spaceman025 wrote:I had a similar experience in Big Bend. Unloaded the gun, put the cable lock through it and stowed it in my truck bed box. Ammo in the cab. Checked in at the ranger station. They were cool about it and not concerned at all. My first time through with a gun so I didn't know what to expect. They cared more about getting my $20 entrance fee.
I usually play stupid. When I went to Big Bend I had the .357 mag in the Glove Box. Paid my money and was there for 3 days. Not ONCE!! did I see any park ranger.

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Yeah, but what if I'm out there enjoying the scenery, and not causing any intentional problems and this happens???

Well, maybe not exactly one of those, but there are some dangerous "things" out there anyway...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Hoppes

Wild Animal Attacks

Post by Hoppes »

stevie_d_64 wrote:Yeah, but what if I'm out there enjoying the scenery, and not causing any intentional problems and this happens???

Well, maybe not exactly one of those, but there are some dangerous "things" out there anyway...
Luckily the bear was scared of the pistol's report.

Hoppes
---
The best test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do. - Eric Hoffer
---

Jungle Work

Post by Jungle Work »

Take it from a 20 year LE Ranger with the USNPS. Guns are bad juju if you get caught with an uncased and loaded firearm. Saying that, with what I have seen in NPS Areas, I can not imagine going into some NPS areas unarmed.

Jungle Work
From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother. CURRAHEE

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”