CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TheFriscoKid
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

CHL and 'missing records'

Post by TheFriscoKid »

Long story short - a friend of mine wants to get a CHL.

About 30 years he is at a concert and some idiot is throwing glass bottles into the crowd below. My friend tells the idiot to knock it off and he walks back the guy shoves him from behind. Within seconds, my friend is on top of him and slams the idiot's face into the concrete.

The police come, issue tickets but no arrests and a court date is set. Multiple witnesses including strangers show up to vouch for my friend but he is given a 1 yr probation and has to see a court appointed officer each month for an hour to update status on work, home and any other issues.

So my friend knows that he has this 'record'. He's not sure what he was found guilty of and he doesn't want to submit a false app for his CHL. But the thing is, he's checked his FBI record, checked with the state, county and city where this happened and nothing exists. It's as if it never occurred.

Maybe it's a paper record that got lost, maybe it didn't get transcribed into digital but as far as he can tell - it never happened.

What should he do and being 30 years ago - does it matter ?

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CHL and 'missing records'

Post by Scott B. »

Get a copy from the court clerk saying "no records found". Fill in the when/where of the arrest on his application. Attach that document with his other materials.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Topic author
TheFriscoKid
Banned

Post by TheFriscoKid »

He says he wasn't arrested. He was given a ticket and had to post bond within 7 days, then he went to court and had a 1 yr probation. He also says, with permission from the probation officer he was allowed to mail in his final 5 probation meetings, as he had to move back to Colorado Springs where he was staying at the Olympic Training Center. Perhaps it was a misdemeanor?

n5wd
Posts in topic: 1

Post by n5wd »

TheFriscoKid wrote:He says he wasn't arrested. He was given a ticket and had to post bond within 7 days, then he went to court and had a 1 yr probation. He also says, with permission from the probation officer he was allowed to mail in his final 5 probation meetings, as he had to move back to Colorado Springs where he was staying at the Olympic Training Center. Perhaps it was a misdemeanor?
Was your friend in Texas when this happened, and given a ticket by a police officer in Texas?
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

Topic author
TheFriscoKid
Banned

Post by TheFriscoKid »

Denver Colorado

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”