147th Annual NRA Meeting in Dallas

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Lena
Posts in topic: 6

Re: 147th Annual NRA Meeting in Dallas

Post by Lena »

I just saw the mayor on the news here

Does anyone know if the NRA convention will be posted?
Stay Safe

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TreyHouston »

Lena wrote:I just saw the mayor on the news here

Does anyone know if the NRA convention will be posted?
That was already answered in another post. No 30.06
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

carlson1 wrote:Well the wonderful, great, terrific, Mayor Pro Tem Dwaine Caraway of Dallas wants the convention cancelled.
I'd say "Good luck with that" but I don't know the inner workings. I'm assuming there would be a hefty breach of contract issue for Dallas to consider.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

I called his office and got him on the phone. I asked him what is the City of Dallas is going to do about people who have hotel and flights that can not be refunded and cancelled? Who is going to pay for that. He scheduled a meeting with me tomorrow.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Deitz83 wrote:I called his office and got him on the phone. I asked him what is the City of Dallas is going to do about people who have hotel and flights that can not be refunded and cancelled? Who is going to pay for that. He scheduled a meeting with me tomorrow.
Please let us know what Mr. Caraway has to say. I don’t believe it will be cancelled. I think it would be a huge lawsuit. It is my thoughts this was just a publicity stunt.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Bitter Clinger »

carlson1 wrote:
Deitz83 wrote:I called his office and got him on the phone. I asked him what is the City of Dallas is going to do about people who have hotel and flights that can not be refunded and cancelled? Who is going to pay for that. He scheduled a meeting with me tomorrow.
Please let us know what Mr. Caraway has to say. I don’t believe it will be cancelled. I think it would be a huge lawsuit. It is my thoughts this was just a publicity stunt.
It will take many years of plastic grocery bag recycling fees to match the tax revenue from a single NRA convention. Not that that matters to someone who has to take their shoes off to count to twenty.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

carlson1 wrote:

I will PM you when I return. I am only speaking for myself, a person of color, NRA member and standing up for what is right. Las Vegas held their event in Jan and no major media outlet complained. I will not sit behind a keyboard and do nothing. I would like to get a copy of the letter he has or will be sending to NRA cancelling the event. I will call the mayor next.

Jago668
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jago668 »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
It will take many years of plastic grocery bag recycling fees to match the tax revenue from a single NRA convention. Not that that matters to someone who has to take their shoes off to count to twenty.
They canceled some kind of sex convention there. So it isn't out of the ballpark for what the people on the council will do.
NRA Benefactor Member

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Beiruty »

I have been waiting for years for NRA Show to come Dallas. Last one I attended was in Houston.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 11

Post by bblhd672 »

carlson1 wrote:Well the wonderful, great, terrific, Mayor Pro Tem Dwaine Caraway of Dallas wants the convention cancelled.
Libtard Mayor
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Fox 4 Dallas reported at 5:30 that Caraway is not speaking for the counsel and that this is not on the agenda for the City Counsel.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Bitter Clinger »

carlson1 wrote:Fox 4 Dallas reported at 5:30 that Caraway is not speaking for the counsel and that this is not on the agenda for the City Counsel.
The same Dwaine Caraway who gave Michael Vick the key to the City. But hey, "its simply and only for the children" Caraway was quoted. Do these corrupt Democrats all have some kind of handbook that they use to make sure that they all speak the same hackneyed phrases?

https://youtu.be/d_Ra0J-V7ZM
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Pawpaw »

1911 Raptor wrote:No way this happens as Dallas is not going to give up all that revenue!
:iagree:

There is no way the money grubbing city council is going to give up the revenue. This is nothing more than political grandstanding. (Translation: hot air)
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”