CHANGED: Gun errors in Movies/Television

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Seburiel
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Seburiel »

Raiders of the lost ark, in the bar fight scene, indy switches from what looks like a new service revolver, to a high power several times during the fight.

Army of darkness: Ash's Boom Stick (coach gun) seems to never need reloading unless it's for effect.

I can't believe that no one has mentioned the ubiquitous 'knock-back' when someone gets shot.

RubenZ

Post by RubenZ »

I have to say the movie HEAT.

While not a gun error. I just don't see how 3 men with no body armor can espace from like 8 cop cars and 5 other cops with Semi-Autos.

Xander

Post by Xander »

RubenZ wrote:
While not a gun error. I just don't see how 3 men with no body armor can espace from like 8 cop cars and 5 other cops with Semi-Autos.
Except for they *did* have body armor. ;-)

RubenZ

Post by RubenZ »

Xander wrote:
RubenZ wrote:
No they didn't.

The Cops did have Body Armor but the BG's didn't.

Xander

Post by Xander »

RubenZ wrote:
Xander wrote:
RubenZ wrote:
No they didn't.

The Cops did have Body Armor but the BG's didn't.
That video clip starts too late. You can see it clearly when they first enter the bank. :smile:

EDIT: I'm pretty sure anyway. I'll have to double-check when I get home.

austin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by austin »

Just about all movies in general - everyone on full auto, but no one gets hurt by the bullets or the debris and no one gets gunk in their eyes.

barres

Post by barres »

And everyone still talks (and hears!) perfectly normally after a lot of gunfire.
Remember, in a life-or-death situation, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Barre

Wildscar
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Wildscar »

austin wrote:Just about all movies in general - everyone on full auto, but no one gets hurt by the bullets or the debris and no one gets gunk in their eyes.
Just have to keep telling yourself that its in the script that way. Movies by design are suppose to take people out of their reality for a brief moment. For that 2 hours real life isn't suppose to matter.

But man it fun to catch those mishaps. There was an old western once where a guy was on the ground looking up at some one and a plane flies threw the sky behind them. Was quite funny.

Or the scene in Aliens where Vasquez is in the air ducts firing the pulse rifle and casings are flying all over the place. Earlier in the movie when asked what they shot Lt. Gorman reply was "10 mm explosive tip case less, standard light armor piercing rounds...Why"

Or the car that was in one of the scenes in Lord of the Rings that was later edited out for DVD release.

If you look you can find all kinds of mistakes in movies. That some of the fun of watching them. It kind of tests your awareness level in a way.
Wildscar
"Far Better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt 1899
Beretta 92FS
Holster Review Resource
Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!

GrillKing

Post by GrillKing »

barres wrote:And everyone still talks (and hears!) perfectly normally after a lot of gunfire.
And (off topic) tires squeal on wet roads.

HankH

Post by HankH »

Anyone remember the "silenced" revolvers of the 1960's spy shows? Or how about Agent 99's red coloured revolver?

Seburiel

Post by Seburiel »

HankH wrote:Anyone remember the "silenced" revolvers of the 1960's spy shows?
The nagant revolver could be effectively fitted with a silencer.
http://Www.surplusrifle.com

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”