Deputy Scot Peterson

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 12

Re: Deputy Scot Peterson

Post by WTR »

OlBill wrote:We're mad at him for not being a hero.
No, I'm mad at him for not trying to protect the kids. That was his duty. The term hero is over used.

Topic author
TheFriscoKid
Banned
Posts in topic: 13

Post by TheFriscoKid »

1911 Raptor wrote: Those words are hard to hide from especially when criticizing others!
You obviously didn't read my response and see that this was whether I'd be willing to kill or die for gun rights.

Topic author
TheFriscoKid
Banned
Posts in topic: 13

Post by TheFriscoKid »

1911 Raptor wrote:
TheFriscoKid wrote:
1911 Raptor wrote: Those words are hard to hide from especially when criticizing others!
You obviously didn't read my response and see that this was whether I'd be willing to kill or die for gun rights.
You aren’t fooling anyone on this board except yourself. Keep on spinning.
Who's trying to fool who? You'd go in? You have the skills? You're specially trained physically fit mentally sharp guy. Nothing like that evident in your reading comprehension.

mayor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mayor »

Similar topic. The church I attend has formed a security team. I am a member of that team. My personal plan, prior to the formation of the team, was much like theFriscoKid's; to protect my immediate family and get them out of harm's way to the best of my ability. If other members benefited from my actions, that was even better, but my family was my priority. Now that a team has been formed and a security plan has been developed, my priority has shifted to protecting ALL the members. We haven't taken anybody's gun nor posted any 30.06 or 30.07 signs and you don't have to be a member of the security team to carry your weapon. We have set up training dates and are implementing the plan. I fully believe that the members of the security team will perform their duties to the best of their abilities, even if it means the ultimate sacrifice. The plan includes protecting the children, calling 911, securing all the doors and being vigilant. Announcements have been made to the congregation as to their responsibilities and the sheriff has been briefed and thinks it's a great idea.

None of us are olympians and some are pretty crippled up but, unless we are attacked by overwhelming numbers, I'm pretty sure we'll be the victors over any human attack.

I guess my point is: a willingness to fulfill your duties can overcome the opposition in spite of any physical limitations.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 8

Post by anygunanywhere »

Some people think you have to be a streamlined low drag super operator outfitted with the finest tac gear to do any good in any situation.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

anygunanywhere wrote:Some people think you have to be a streamlined low drag super operator outfitted with the finest tac gear to do any good in any situation.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing- Edmund Burke
He needed not be a hero, what ever that word means to the reader..

He simply needed to do something... He may have died, he may have lived, but it was both his duty as the officer assigned, and his duty as a human.
Its true, most reading this forum every day, will never actually know if they can run to the sound of gun fire or freeze/run away.. And thats a good thing in that, I hope you never have the need to find out. A few reading the forum already know, that makes them nothing special, just having been at the right (wrong) place at the right(wrong) time and thus more aware. Im confident what I would do, I don't think that makes me better than one who has not yet had to make the decision...

Going into the building to do something would not in itself have made him a hero, but staying outside does forever mark him as having acted cowardly that day.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

o b juan

Post by o b juan »

Well said Raptor !

I see he joined less than a month ago
CHL Instructor since 95'/ School safety Since Jan 17' :patriot:

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Gosh everyone!

I know what I’d do. You know what you’d do. Some know what others would do. But we all know one thing - none of us were there.

This thread is about what the deputy(ies) failed to do, not about what we’d have done.

Can we get back on topic, please?
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

o b juan wrote:Well said Raptor !
:thumbs2: :iagree:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

C-dub
Posts in topic: 5

Post by C-dub »

OlBill wrote:We're mad at him for not being a hero.
That doesn't appear to be a question, so I'm not really sure what your point is. Maybe some people are, but I think that is unrealistic. I'm upset because he didn't even try.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

C-dub
Posts in topic: 5

Post by C-dub »

It looks like that sheriff has some more explaining to do.

https://news.americanewscentral.com/201 ... y-saying2/
Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel has been all over the news advocating for gun control in the wake of the shooting at the Stoneman Douglas high school that claimed 17 lives. He has come out against people being able to protect themselves at schools and against arming teachers. But meanwhile, while he’s saying that teachers and staff shouldn’t be able to be armed, his deputy, Nezar Hamze, who is also the leader of the local chapter of CAIR, is teaching mosque members to arm themselves and how to respond to active shooters.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 12

Post by WTR »

I am not as upset with the Deputy( and that's greatly), as I am with those who put him in charge of protecting our youth.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”