My Wife Now Has PTSD

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

rotor
Posts in topic: 1

Re: My Wife Now Has PTSD

Post by rotor »

You know you have created a monster when your wife not only shoots more than you do but is a better shot. I feel sometimes like my role has become the cleaner of the weapons.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

rotor wrote:You know you have created a monster when your wife not only shoots more than you do but is a better shot. I feel sometimes like my role has become the cleaner of the weapons.
Always nice to know that you can cover each other's six.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

:thumbs2:
Psalm 91:2

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

Keith B wrote:
JustSomeOldGuy wrote:Sooner or later, you're probably going to have to buy her an AR of her own. Probably..... :shock:
Guess there could be worse things.... LOL
Yes, there could. You could have gotten her hooked on sporting clays.
Wait... there's still time! :hurry:
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

I remember being at a party with my then-future wife. In conversation, she mentioned she was a member of the Texas National Guard.

Somebody asked her if she had ever fired an M16. She sad she had, but it wasn't her favorite thing to do. The subject would have moved on, but someone asked. Was there any gun that was much fun at all?

Her immediate reply, from this petite young Appalachian, was, "Oh, yes. I loved the M60. That, and throwing grenades. Like pitching softball, just better."

That's my gal.

Topic author
Keith B
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Keith B »

Crossfire wrote:
Keith B wrote:
JustSomeOldGuy wrote:Sooner or later, you're probably going to have to buy her an AR of her own. Probably..... :shock:
Guess there could be worse things.... LOL
Yes, there could. You could have gotten her hooked on sporting clays.
Wait... there's still time! :hurry:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :lol:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Maxwell
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Maxwell »

Keith B wrote:
WTR wrote:So which handgun have you lost at the moment?
Nothing yet. None were what she liked. Will have to work through to get her just the right fit.
I lost my PPS to her... Sniff...
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Topic author
Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Well, she continues to surprise me. She had to take her Dad to a Doctors appointment. Where they were has a farm supply type store that her Dad likes to go to. While there they stopped in the sporting goods department and looked at guns. I got a text from her saying she had found the gun she wanted. They had the Taurus m85 Ultra Lite on close-out for $179. :woohoo She and her Dad bought the last two new ones they had. :thumbs2:

So today she wanted me to order her a set of teal-colored Howard Leight electronic shooting muffs. And as a surprise, I ordered her a teal range bag.

Now she wants to shop for holsters and purses.

I may have created a monster!! :reddevil
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Keith B wrote:Well, she continues to surprise me. She had to take her Dad to a Doctors appointment. Where they were has a farm supply type store that her Dad likes to go to. While there they stopped in the sporting goods department and looked at guns. I got a text from her saying she had found the gun she wanted. They had the Taurus m85 Ultra Lite on close-out for $179. :woohoo She and her Dad bought the last two new ones they had. :thumbs2:

So today she wanted me to order her a set of teal-colored Howard Leight electronic shooting muffs. And as a surprise, I ordered her a teal range bag.

She needs to get all her lady friends involved too! Good luck telling her she doesn't "need" another gun!
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

You are a lucky man! I love a story with a happy ending!!!

JRG

Post by JRG »

Great story. My wife has her LTC and has had it for many years, but now has no interest in carrying or shooting. I guess she is in a hiatus like your wife's 35 year drought. I hope it doesn't take 35 years for her to come back though.

Joe

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

Keith B wrote:Well, she continues to surprise me. She had to take her Dad to a Doctors appointment. Where they were has a farm supply type store that her Dad likes to go to. While there they stopped in the sporting goods department and looked at guns. I got a text from her saying she had found the gun she wanted. They had the Taurus m85 Ultra Lite on close-out for $179. :woohoo She and her Dad bought the last two new ones they had. :thumbs2:

When the whole 'purse/shoes' thing has been done...what next?..ooooooh! cute holster!
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Topic author
Keith B

Post by Keith B »

RogueUSMC wrote:

When the whole 'purse/shoes' thing has been done...what next?..ooooooh! cute holster!
Yeah, will be more broke, but happy she is spending on those things. ;-)
Keith

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

Great story! I love the AR-15s. I, too, am very intimidated by guns with lots of recoil, and find the AR--15 is very easy to shoot.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”