My Wife Now Has PTSD

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

rotor

Re: My Wife Now Has PTSD

Postby rotor » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:08 am

You know you have created a monster when your wife not only shoots more than you do but is a better shot. I feel sometimes like my role has become the cleaner of the weapons.

Flightmare

Postby Flightmare » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:11 am

rotor wrote:You know you have created a monster when your wife not only shoots more than you do but is a better shot. I feel sometimes like my role has become the cleaner of the weapons.

Always nice to know that you can cover each other's six.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

SRO1911

Postby SRO1911 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:20 am

That's always the right answer.
My wife loves to shoot handguns, not so much rifles - she has HER ar (sig m400) that no one else is allowed to look at for more than a few seconds. She joins me on the rifle range at least once a year where she dumps 1 mag into a playing card on the 100 yard board and is done. No more, no less - 30 rds and done .
I am a lucky man and know it.
When any govt, or church,says This you can't read, are forbidden to know, the result is tyranny and oppression. Little force is needed to control a man who has been hoodwinked; no force can control a free man, not the rack, bombs, not anything, you can't conquer a free man, at most you can kill him.

SQLGeek

Postby SQLGeek » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:27 am

:thumbs2:
Psalm 91:2

Crossfire

Postby Crossfire » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:00 am

Keith B wrote:
JustSomeOldGuy wrote:Sooner or later, you're probably going to have to buy her an AR of her own. Probably..... :shock:

Guess there could be worse things.... LOL

Yes, there could. You could have gotten her hooked on sporting clays.
Wait... there's still time! :hurry:
Texas LTC and Utah CFP Instructor, MorphoTrust Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

treadlightly

Postby treadlightly » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:28 am

I remember being at a party with my then-future wife. In conversation, she mentioned she was a member of the Texas National Guard.

Somebody asked her if she had ever fired an M16. She sad she had, but it wasn't her favorite thing to do. The subject would have moved on, but someone asked. Was there any gun that was much fun at all?

Her immediate reply, from this petite young Appalachian, was, "Oh, yes. I loved the M60. That, and throwing grenades. Like pitching softball, just better."

That's my gal.

Topic author
Keith B

Postby Keith B » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:06 pm

Crossfire wrote:
Keith B wrote:
JustSomeOldGuy wrote:Sooner or later, you're probably going to have to buy her an AR of her own. Probably..... :shock:

Guess there could be worse things.... LOL

Yes, there could. You could have gotten her hooked on sporting clays.
Wait... there's still time! :hurry:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :lol:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Maxwell

Postby Maxwell » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:52 pm

Keith B wrote:
WTR wrote:So which handgun have you lost at the moment?

Nothing yet. None were what she liked. Will have to work through to get her just the right fit.

I lost my PPS to her... Sniff...
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Topic author
Keith B

Postby Keith B » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:05 pm

Well, she continues to surprise me. She had to take her Dad to a Doctors appointment. Where they were has a farm supply type store that her Dad likes to go to. While there they stopped in the sporting goods department and looked at guns. I got a text from her saying she had found the gun she wanted. They had the Taurus m85 Ultra Lite on close-out for $179. :woohoo She and her Dad bought the last two new ones they had. :thumbs2:

So today she wanted me to order her a set of teal-colored Howard Leight electronic shooting muffs. And as a surprise, I ordered her a teal range bag.

Now she wants to shop for holsters and purses.

I may have created a monster!! :reddevil
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

bblhd672

Postby bblhd672 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:41 pm

Keith B wrote:Well, she continues to surprise me. She had to take her Dad to a Doctors appointment. Where they were has a farm supply type store that her Dad likes to go to. While there they stopped in the sporting goods department and looked at guns. I got a text from her saying she had found the gun she wanted. They had the Taurus m85 Ultra Lite on close-out for $179. :woohoo She and her Dad bought the last two new ones they had. :thumbs2:

So today she wanted me to order her a set of teal-colored Howard Leight electronic shooting muffs. And as a surprise, I ordered her a teal range bag.

She needs to get all her lady friends involved too! Good luck telling her she doesn't "need" another gun!
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1
Si vis pacem, para bellum

PUCKER

Postby PUCKER » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:07 am

You are a lucky man! I love a story with a happy ending!!!

JRG

Postby JRG » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:15 am

Great story. My wife has her LTC and has had it for many years, but now has no interest in carrying or shooting. I guess she is in a hiatus like your wife's 35 year drought. I hope it doesn't take 35 years for her to come back though.

Joe

RogueUSMC

Postby RogueUSMC » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:21 am

Keith B wrote:Well, she continues to surprise me. She had to take her Dad to a Doctors appointment. Where they were has a farm supply type store that her Dad likes to go to. While there they stopped in the sporting goods department and looked at guns. I got a text from her saying she had found the gun she wanted. They had the Taurus m85 Ultra Lite on close-out for $179. :woohoo She and her Dad bought the last two new ones they had. :thumbs2:

When the whole 'purse/shoes' thing has been done...what next?..ooooooh! cute holster!
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Topic author
Keith B

Postby Keith B » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:47 pm

RogueUSMC wrote:

When the whole 'purse/shoes' thing has been done...what next?..ooooooh! cute holster!

Yeah, will be more broke, but happy she is spending on those things. ;-)
Keith

Venus Pax

Postby Venus Pax » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:35 pm

Great story! I love the AR-15s. I, too, am very intimidated by guns with lots of recoil, and find the AR--15 is very easy to shoot.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”