Carrying target ammo or hollow point?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Liberty
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Carrying target ammo or hollow point?

Post by Liberty »

Yeah, but 9mm parabellum and .45 CAP have been around a century, My whole comment was intended to be fasciitis though and not intended to be taken too seriously. Playing the caliber wars can be fun sometimes.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Grundy1133 »

Liberty wrote:Yeah, but 9mm parabellum and .45 CAP have been around a century, My whole comment was intended to be fasciitis though and not intended to be taken too seriously. Playing the caliber wars can be fun sometimes.
ah i gotcha.. i was kinda confused as to what you meant by new fad cause it seems like everyone is selling their 40s. I have nothing agains 10mm 45 or 9mm i just happen to have a 40 S&W and i really like. :)
NRA Member

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by NotRPB »

I once tried alternating FMJ and JHP in magazines, decided I didn't like that.

A) My target ammo is hollow point, I practice with what I carry

B) I carry always 2 (sometimes 3) pistols, So
I guess I could (If I still lived in the city I might) carry one with barrier penetrating ammo in case I need to shoot through a car door or window ... and the other with JHP

I'm out in the country, on my property I carry a revolver with snakeshot and also either a 9mm/45/380 depending what I'm doing in the yard that day ... when I go off my property, I carry a 45 and a 9mm, but sometimes (more often than not) >>> a 45 and two 9mms ... I'd carry a .45 and three Glock 26s, but haven't gotten used to the shoulder holster yet while I'm working on stuff :cool:

gtolbert09
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gtolbert09 »

I noticed in Academy Sports a new Train and Protect round manufactured by Federal. It's a Versatile HP (VHP) designed for both training and protection. Academy had it in 9mm and 45ACP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1mMbdfsybU
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”