deleted

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
apostate
Posts in topic: 2

deleted

Post by apostate »

Last edited by apostate on Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 1

Re: no fixed abode

Post by Grundy1133 »

apostate wrote:Does anyone know what DPS wants for LTC and DL address if one has no fixed abode?

I'm currently planning an extended road trip for Autumn, possibly starting late Summer and/or extending into Winter. I don't plan to pay for a fixed residential address during that time. I presume there are LTC full-time RVers who already set a precedent for this.
they just want residence info for the past 5 years. i assume if youve never changed the address on your license or put in a change of address at the post office, i'd say just use any addresses you've used for DL or mail purposes for the past 5 years... but im not sure. you might call and ask maybe?
NRA Member

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I don’t know if this works for you, but what I would do is ask my son or a friend if I could use their address for my fixed abode while I’m on the road, and then go through the DPS websitesaddress change pages to get new copies of your LTC and TDL showing that address. Also, that way any other mail that gets sent to you won’t rot in someone else’s mailbox or get returned to sender. If anything important comes in, your friend/family member can forward it to you wherever you’re going to be.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

priusron

Post by priusron »

We full time rv. We have an address at Escapees in Livingston. Our mail goes ther and we call when we want it. They have been to court and it is a valid address for voting, registration, banking etc.

Interblog

Post by Interblog »

priusron wrote:We full time rv. We have an address at Escapees in Livingston. Our mail goes ther and we call when we want it. They have been to court and it is a valid address for voting, registration, banking etc.
+1. This is a popular option with many people who travel and also work, in part because Texas has no state income tax.

https://www.escapees.com/

rotor

Post by rotor »

I learned a lot from that post about Escapees. It is not as simple as it seems.
https://escapees.com/support/mail-servi ... ted?id=199

I guess it depends on how long you will be out of touch. You can always have a change of address and mail forwarded to general delivery and there are services that will forward mail as well.

Topic author
apostate
Posts in topic: 2

Post by apostate »

Thanks y'all for the replies.

I'm looking into the Escapees service. I'm already a Texas resident, so that should work the same as an ordinary in-state move for DL, LTC, vehicle registration, et cetera. Perhaps I'll even get a break on car insurance. ;-)

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”