Sheriff:concealed gun permits would boost saftey

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ejector
Posts in topic: 1

Sheriff:concealed gun permits would boost saftey

Post by ejector »

I myself don't understand why there is only +200k CHL permits issued..

http://www.localnews8.com/Global/story.asp?S=6904875

MOSCOW, Idaho (AP) - The sheriff of a north-central Idaho county where a shooting rampage left four dead and three wounded last May wants more people to obtain concealed weapons permits and carry guns.

Latah County Sheriff Wayne Rausch also says the University of Idaho would safer if students had concealed weapons permits and carried guns.

But the university bans guns, and Rausch's idea also contradicts that of Moscow Mayor Nancy Chaney.

Late last month she asked for a legal opinion from the attorney general's office on whether the city has the authority to ban both concealed and exposed weapons in public areas.

The differing strategies follow Jason Hamilton's rampage on May 19th when he killed his wife at their home before driving to the courthouse and firing some 200 gunshots into a sheriff's dispatch center.

There he killed one law enforcement officer and wounded two others, as well as wounding a good Samaritan who armed himself and ran to help.

At a nearby church he killed the caretaker before taking his own life.

Commander
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Sheriff:concealed gun permits would boost saftey

Post by Commander »

ejector wrote:I myself don't understand why there is only +200k CHL permits issued..

http://www.localnews8.com/Global/story.asp?S=6904875

MOSCOW, Idaho (AP) - The sheriff of a north-central Idaho county where a shooting rampage left four dead and three wounded last May wants more people to obtain concealed weapons permits and carry guns.

Latah County Sheriff Wayne Rausch also says the University of Idaho would safer if students had concealed weapons permits and carried guns.

But the university bans guns, and Rausch's idea also contradicts that of Moscow Mayor Nancy Chaney.

Late last month she asked for a legal opinion from the attorney general's office on whether the city has the authority to ban both concealed and exposed weapons in public areas.

The differing strategies follow Jason Hamilton's rampage on May 19th when he killed his wife at their home before driving to the courthouse and firing some 200 gunshots into a sheriff's dispatch center.

There he killed one law enforcement officer and wounded two others, as well as wounding a good Samaritan who armed himself and ran to help.

At a nearby church he killed the caretaker before taking his own life.
I'm sure that this ban would have made a difference.....NOT!
"Happiness is a warm gun" - The Beatles - 1969

Commander

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”