Did my Wally walk today

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 4

Did my Wally walk today

Post by Grundy1133 »

Well, I did my Wally walk today. I went and filled up my car at the gas station, went to atwoods to get some more of my carry ammo. They were STILL out. Been out for about 2 weeks now. S&W .40 Hornady critical duty. So I bought some flat nose rounds for the range instead. Drove over to home Depot to putz around. Not really looking to buy anything. Then went to Tom thumb to buy miracle whip and bread (for pimento cheese sandwiches. Yum!) I never got any funny looks from anyone or any wide eyes so I guess all in all it was a success. :thumbs2:
NRA Member

carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Did my Wally walk today

Post by carlson1 »

Good job. :anamatedbanana

strogg
Posts in topic: 2

Post by strogg »

Congrats. Reminds me of my wally walk from almost exactly a year ago. I went to Aldi, got some fruit, then headed over to Wally World for, uh, I forgot what already. No one noticed either. And me being me (going big or going home), I was carrying my Five-seveN tucked inside the waistband somehow. It was not exactly the most comfortable thing.

Grundy, what did you carry, and plan on carrying in the future?

Topic author
Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

strogg wrote:Congrats. Reminds me of my wally walk from almost exactly a year ago. I went to Aldi, got some fruit, then headed over to Wally World for, uh, I forgot what already. No one noticed either. And me being me (going big or going home), I was carrying my Five-seveN tucked inside the waistband somehow. It was not exactly the most comfortable thing.

Grundy, what did you carry, and plan on carrying in the future?
I carried a full size M&P .40 IWB and an extra mag. For now I'll keep carrying this. I want to get something relatively small that I can pocket carry during the summer. big guy + big gun + texas heat = hot and sweaty. I might just get the shield variant of my current gun that way i dont have to buy all new ammo. havent decided yet.
NRA Member

strogg
Posts in topic: 2

Post by strogg »

Grundy1133 wrote: I carried a full size M&P .40 IWB and an extra mag. For now I'll keep carrying this. I want to get something relatively small that I can pocket carry during the summer. big guy + big gun + texas heat = hot and sweaty. I might just get the shield variant of my current gun that way i dont have to buy all new ammo. havent decided yet.
Nice. Yeah, if you want to stick with a .40, I think the Shield is the way to go. You don't have very many options when it comes to a pocket .40 cal. I suggest springing for a 9mm. When it comes to a pocket gun, it's really not much of a sacrifice if at all for the smaller round, and it opens up a huge host of possibilities. Don't forget, cheaper ammo too.

Topic author
Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

strogg wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote: I carried a full size M&P .40 IWB and an extra mag. For now I'll keep carrying this. I want to get something relatively small that I can pocket carry during the summer. big guy + big gun + texas heat = hot and sweaty. I might just get the shield variant of my current gun that way i dont have to buy all new ammo. havent decided yet.
Nice. Yeah, if you want to stick with a .40, I think the Shield is the way to go. You don't have very many options when it comes to a pocket .40 cal. I suggest springing for a 9mm. When it comes to a pocket gun, it's really not much of a sacrifice if at all for the smaller round, and it opens up a huge host of possibilities. Don't forget, cheaper ammo too.
haha yeah my wallet will thank me in the long run. :smilelol5:
NRA Member

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Congrats and be safe. :thumbs2:
Psalm 91:2

Topic author
Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

SQLGeek wrote:Congrats and be safe. :thumbs2:
:txflag: thx
NRA Member

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

Congratulations and carry on...
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”