Does disarming include mags?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 1

Does disarming include mags?

Post by Grundy1133 »

I carry an extra mag on me and anytime i've had to disarm to enter an area (I did one time because I had to enter a highschool to drop something off for my gf) I've just taken my gun off my belt and stuck it in my center console however I left my spare mag on my belt... thinking back I started wondering if im supposed to remove the mag from my belt as well... anyone know?
NRA Member

rtschl

Re: Does disarming include mags?

Post by rtschl »

Several posts here have discussed... Consensus is no. A magazine, clip, or speed loader is not a firearm. Plus, I don't want to leave a loaded weapon with magazines available to a bad guy if my weapon is stolen from my vehicle. So when I have to disarm, I generally keep the mags and chambered round with me.
Ron
NRA Member

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

If there are no armed guards and metal detectors, you are OK because it is not a firearm.

If there is a metal detector, they are not going to let that slide, so don’t even bother trying.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

16Adams

Post by 16Adams »

Grundy1133 wrote:I carry an extra mag on me and anytime i've had to disarm to enter an area (I did one time because I had to enter a highschool to drop something off for my gf) I've just taken my gun off my belt and stuck it in my center console however I left my spare mag on my belt... thinking back I started wondering if im supposed to remove the mag from my belt as well... anyone know?

Hornady 98152 Security TriPoint Lock Box, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GVFD4DI/re ... 0AbM6641KB

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

AJSully421 wrote:If there are no armed guards and metal detectors, you are OK because it is not a firearm.

If there is a metal detector, they are not going to let that slide, so don’t even bother trying.
Years ago, A County Courthouse Annex Metal Detector Monitor Man got upset at the metal belt clip on my empty holster and told me "That's why we tell you to leave your gun in the car" I replied "I did, and thanks for announcing it to everyone wanting a free gun here who wants to break into my car now"

Now, before going there I check if I'm wearing the gunbelt with the Kydex insert or the Bigfoot/Allen Gunbelt with the metal reinforcement insert stiffener ...

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”