Music hall at fair park

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 2

Music hall at fair park

Post by Richbirdhunter »

I’m taking the wife and kids to see Les Misérables so I went went down to buy tickets (I’m a cheapskate) I saved the fees!! Anyways, I noticed that it’s not posted and I asked their security guy about CCW, he said it’s legal here but we prefer you don’t do it. I thanked him and started to walk off and he stopped me and added, if you do carry while here please check in and let us copy your CHL.

is that a legal request?
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Music hall at fair park

Post by KC5AV »

There is nothing illegal about his request, but you're under no legal obligation to comply.
NRA lifetime member

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

What is the point of asking? If there is no sign, it's legal.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Liberty wrote:What is the point of asking? If there is no sign, it's legal.
:iagree:

I conceal carried at an event there after confirming it is not posted. No signs means it’s none of their business what I’m legally doing.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Bruin98

Post by Bruin98 »

I go there all the time. Headed there Friday night in fact.

You won't have any issues.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

bblhd672 wrote:
Liberty wrote:What is the point of asking? If there is no sign, it's legal.
:iagree:

I conceal carried at an event there after confirming it is not posted. No signs means it’s none of their business what I’m legally doing.
The Music Hall is owned by the city anyway, so can't be posted. I think once upon a time there might have been a 51% concesionaire in there, but the current one shows a BLUE license.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Richbirdhunter »

We had a good time, they wanded everyone that walked in, empty your pockets, the girls had their purses checked. I showed my CHL and went right through. They basically treated me the same way they do going to the fair.

I’m glad I asked, there was no sense in causing a situation when having a nice evening out with my family.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”