Verbal notification under 30.06

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
BadCo45ACP
Posts in topic: 2

Verbal notification under 30.06

Post by BadCo45ACP »

Once given a verbal warning that concealed carry is not allowed, does that warning apply to that visit only or all future visits as well?

GlockenHammer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by GlockenHammer »

All visits. I would say that only a change in proprietorship would require renotification.

razoraggie

Post by razoraggie »

From that point on. I don't believe that "Sorry officer....I forgot" would get you much sympathy from a DA.

CHLSteve

Post by CHLSteve »

GlockenHammer wrote:All visits. I would say that only a change in proprietorship would require renotification.
This is what my CHL instructor taught when we asked the exact same question.

HankB

Post by HankB »

I understand that if the owner or an employee of a business specifically tells you that concealed carry isn't allowed, you had best leave. (Why he would so admonish you is a good question . . . were you printing? Did you do something dumb like ask him about it?)

As for future visits . . . in a practical sense . . . especially if some time has passed since the verbal exchange . . . are verbal warnings actually worth the paper they're printed on?
Original CHL: 2000: 56 day turnaround
1st renewal, 2004: 34 days
2nd renewal, 2008: 81 days
3rd renewal, 2013: 12 days

Crossfire

Re: Verbal notification under 30.06

Post by Crossfire »

BadCo45ACP wrote:Once given a verbal warning that concealed carry is not allowed, does that warning apply to that visit only or all future visits as well?
Umm... why would there be any future visits?
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

BrassMonkey

Post by BrassMonkey »

+1
llwatson wrote:
BadCo45ACP wrote:Once given a verbal warning that concealed carry is not allowed, does that warning apply to that visit only or all future visits as well?
BrassMonkey, that funky monkey....
===========================
Springfield TRP
Glock 22
Glock 21
Walther P22

Renegade

Post by Renegade »

Depends upon what was said in the verbal warning.

Topic author
BadCo45ACP

Post by BadCo45ACP »

HankB wrote:Why he would so admonish you is a good question . . . were you printing? Did you do something dumb like ask him about it?)
I've never been "Made" to my knowledge and have never been verbally warned. The question came in a conversation w/ friends and nobody had a definite answer.
BrassMonkey wrote:+1
llwatson wrote:
Its not always as easy as it sounds to NOT do business w/ someone. I'm sometimes required by a client who may be paying the expenses, to use a business where they already have accounts in place.

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

BadCo45ACP wrote: Its not always as easy as it sounds to NOT do business w/ someone. I'm sometimes required by a client who may be paying the expenses, to use a business where they already have accounts in place.
I do understand that. Sometimes I have to work in places that I know do not allow legally armed citizens. And I go, and do what I have to do.

But if I have a choice, I do not perform services for, or provide income to, businesses that want to deprive me of my constitutional rights. :patriot:
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”