GOING TO THE RESTROOM

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ricor
Posts in topic: 2

GOING TO THE RESTROOM

Post by ricor »

I usually wear my pants at my belly button, I am a round guy. With all the stuff in and around my jeans (extra mag, knife, wallet, commander sized 1911, holster), it becomes difficult to hold my pants up and stand at a urinal. Also when sitting down and "thinking", are you concerned about someone seeing you weapon. R

Topic author
ricor

Post by ricor »

Russell it's the big overhang that gets in the way. My belts good, its just the weight.

grandpatim
Posts in topic: 1

Post by grandpatim »

If possible I always go into a stall whether I sit or stand. Then I put my weapon on the toilet paper dispencer or if it has a tank and cover it with toilet paper. If the stalls are full I wait outside until it clears out a little. If the dispencer is round or the top slopes I try to hold my pants the best way I can.

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

grandpatim wrote: Then I put my weapon on the toilet paper dispencer
That is how I handle it if I am absolutely forced into a public restroom.

If the toilet paper dispenser will not accomodate a gun.....you could remove your belt and hang it with holster from a coat hook on the back of the stall door or place the belt around the toilet paper dispenser.

Have your mag pouch with hand sanitizer ready for action!
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

CHLSteve

Post by CHLSteve »

I was thinking about this just yesterday. I try to avoid public restrooms at all cost, but sometimes, you just can't fight it.

You guys don't leave your guns on the sink area, ready for you when you get back from the stall? I'd hate to get my gun all messy or something. :razz:

bpet

Post by bpet »

I don't often wear suspenders but when I do (hunting with lots of stuff on my belt), they work to hold up my trousers even when the belt is undone.
"Limit politicians to two terms. One in office and one in jail!" (Borrowed from an anonymous donor)

razoraggie

Post by razoraggie »

Does the quote from your parents a few decades ago ring a bell?

"Does any one have to go potty before we leave? Go now; it's your last chance for a while."

:lol:

gregthehand

Post by gregthehand »

Just unbutton your fly. That's what I do.
My posts on this website are worth every cent you paid me for them.

troglodyte
Posts in topic: 3

Post by troglodyte »

First use a stall. You are at a terrible tactical disadvantage at a urinal.

To take a leak, assuming the fly option won't work, hanging the belt on the door hook or over your shoulder is about the best bet. Setting your firearm on the tank or paper dispenser is begging for you to forget it. Not as likely to forget your belt.

As for staying awhile and contemplating the bigger issues in life, as you drop your pants take your skivies down with them. Flip the top part of your drawers over the top of your firearm. The elastic will hold it in place.

Take care of your business, stand up, pull everything up together.

Alternatively, unholster your firearm and set it in the hammock your drawers form.

Stalls are much preferred. It is a little harder to get to you, you are out of immediate view, and you have the ability to bar the door if needed.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Jeez, I wonder how have become engrossed in thought, finish their business and walk off leaving their pistol behind?

I would never put mine on any dispenser - I'm one of those subject to forgetting.

Big Calhoun

Post by Big Calhoun »

I tend to suck in the gut a little and just undo my fly -- jeans have zippers, some of my slacks have a button and zipper...pain in the rear. When using a stall, I'll remove my holster and weapon and place it on the towel dispenser. If I lay off the wine and scotch, it's not so bad. :lol:

Operators Edge

Post by Operators Edge »

troglodyte wrote:First use a stall. You are at a terrible tactical disadvantage at a urinal.

To take a leak, assuming the fly option won't work, hanging the belt on the door hook or over your shoulder is about the best bet. Setting your firearm on the tank or paper dispenser is begging for you to forget it. Not as likely to forget your belt.

As for staying awhile and contemplating the bigger issues in life, as you drop your pants take your skivies down with them. Flip the top part of your drawers over the top of your firearm. The elastic will hold it in place.

Alternatively, unholster your firearm and set it in the hammock your
drawers form.

Stalls are much preferred. It is a little harder to get to you, you are out of immediate view, and you have the ability to bar the door if needed.

:smilelol5:
"He who gets into a fair fight, has no tactical skills"

Robert Potter
Operators Edge
sales@operatorsedge.com
http://www.operatorsedge.com
866-457-SWAT
26728 I-45 North
Spring, TX. 77386

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

I will not use a public restroom unless I am bordering on critical mass. Any weapon handling in a public place is risky. We're only human. We drop stuff. If I am 10-15 minutes from the house, I will go home to take care of business.
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

troglodyte
Posts in topic: 3

Post by troglodyte »

Operators Edge wrote:
troglodyte wrote:First use a stall. You are at a terrible tactical disadvantage at a urinal.

Alternatively, unholster your firearm and set it in the hammock your
drawers form.

:smilelol5:
Did I miss something?

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”