Grackle Whacker Is Back

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
doc540
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Grackle Whacker Is Back

Post by doc540 »

Around here, some of the strip centers have cut down all their trees trying to deal with grackle roosting and the piles of virus-laden crap they leave. :shock:
http://www.train2shoot.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Lifetime Member
NRA Instructor
"Shooting more, typing less"

pbwalker
Posts in topic: 2

Post by pbwalker »

doc540 wrote:Around here, some of the strip centers have cut down all their trees trying to deal with grackle roosting and the piles of virus-laden crap they leave. :shock:
Might give us a creative way to pit "Earthers" against PETA. Hmmm... :lol:
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

One game warden's opinion

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=33814&p=396796&hil ... le#p396869" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Carry-a-Kimber
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

My freshman year at TAMU, 2000, they cut down all of the oak trees infront of the Rec because of grackle poo. Some of those trees had to have been 50 years old. It was a shame.

TLE2
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TLE2 »

....when found committing or about to commit depredations ...
Officer, they were actively planning a terrorist attack on my backyard.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... (Jefferson quoting Beccaria)

... tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

Jasonw560

Post by Jasonw560 »

TLE2 wrote:
....when found committing or about to commit depredations ...
Officer, they were actively planning a terrorist attack on my backyard.
"rlol" officer, they were all cookng up their own fertilizer....
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

Texas10X
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Texas10X »

It's sad that TAMU (or anyone else, for that matter) would cut down any trees, especially oaks, as a way to deal with the problem. TAMU should have had the student body out there with shotguns addressing the issue, and anyone not wanting to shoot them should be issued a pail of soap and water and have to scrub the droppings off the autos and parking lot (until they decide they want a shotgun). It might get a lot more folks interested in shotgunning! :smilelol5:

Carry-a-Kimber
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

Texas10X wrote:It's sad that TAMU (or anyone else, for that matter) would cut down any trees, especially oaks, as a way to deal with the problem. TAMU should have had the student body out there with shotguns addressing the issue, and anyone not wanting to shoot them should be issued a pail of soap and water and have to scrub the droppings off the autos and parking lot (until they decide they want a shotgun). It might get a lot more folks interested in shotgunning! :smilelol5:
The groundscrew was shooting "bird bombs" from shotguns for several days before the trees were cut down. And the poop was beyond soap and water fixable. I went to a basketball game at Reed and when I got back there was so much scat on my windshield that my wipers would not lift....It was a crappy situatuon. "rlol"

Return to “Hunting Photos”