The New Hogbuster is complete!

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
LongHairedRedneck
Posts in topic: 2

The New Hogbuster is complete!

Post by LongHairedRedneck »

Well I finally found the rifle for the right price and paired it up to my ATN MK410 night vision. Rifle is a Remington 700 AAC in .308 w/ threaded barrel. Flash hider is soon to come and possibly a suppressor in the future. Hopefully they'll be some pork on the ground next trip to the ranch.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The New Hogbuster is complete!

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Not to criticize, but just from looking at the picture, it appears that the light of sight for the scope is so high that you would need a elevated cheek rest to get a good eye relief on the scope. In actual practice, is it as radical as it looks?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
LongHairedRedneck
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LongHairedRedneck »

Yeah it's kind of high, a cheekpiece is needed. Not that bad for me as I have a big noggen :lol:
If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by flintknapper »

Ran into that problem recently when I replaced the scope on my Daughter’s 7mm-08 with this one:

http://www.ordertree.com/weaver/weaver- ... lex-scope/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The front objective and rear eyepiece… were both larger than the scope I took off, so I had to use taller rings to accommodate it.

That took care of the clearance problems with the barrel but it was impossible to get a good “cheek weld” AND eye alignment at the same time with the scope.

Easy solution was to have this gentleman build a cheek pad to my specifications:

http://www.cheeknstock.com/main.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Easy to install and remove (Velcro fastener), restored eye alignment and most importantly…provided the critical cheek weld necessary to maintain a good/consistent sight picture.

Installed:

Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Return to “Hunting Photos”