minigun VS wild hogs TX

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: minigun VS wild hogs TX

Post by RoyGBiv »

speedsix wrote:I'm fer darting them, loading them on B52s, and dropping them over Iran
Dropping them with parachutes, of course.
"rlol"
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Reloader

Post by Reloader »

Not very smart, IMHO...no backstop, etc.
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor
Amateur radio Instructor, VE KE5LDO
Tarleton State University '74

speedsix
Posts in topic: 4

Post by speedsix »

canvasbck wrote:
speedsix wrote:...I heard on a TV news report last night they pay $400 a day to helicopter hunt...he probably shot up $200 worth of ammo...that's gettin' on up there with deer hunting...try hunting a lease for less than $3000 a year these days...it's gotten outasight...
Good luck finding a helicopter hunt for $400, I think you missed a zero in there.

...it might have been an hour...Fox 4 Dallas aired it...the guy I work with said the same...$400 wouldn't buy the fuel for the day...somebody here's bound to have seen it and will straighten me out....thanks....point was, they're spending LOTS of money and having fun slaughtering the swine...hope they don't waste all the carcasses...and I'll leave that right there...

smtimelevi

Post by smtimelevi »

steve817 wrote:
fishman wrote:I have to rebuild the roads on our ranch several times a year. Some places are torn up so bad it's hard to ride a 4 wheeler in granny gear over it. Fence repairs and other repairs take money and time. Hogs are a bigger problem than most people realize. It's getting worse every year.
I have been ready and willing for a while to help some rancher out. Seems though that a lot of them want to charge me for the privilege of helping them.
I'm right there with you. I'd have no problem taking out hogs for a rancher/farmer but I'm not gona pay for it. People charge for hog removal. I'd do it for free. I'm in San Antonio and the offer stands, pm if interested. :mrgreen:

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

smtimelevi wrote:
steve817 wrote:
fishman wrote:I have to rebuild the roads on our ranch several times a year. Some places are torn up so bad it's hard to ride a 4 wheeler in granny gear over it. Fence repairs and other repairs take money and time. Hogs are a bigger problem than most people realize. It's getting worse every year.
I have been ready and willing for a while to help some rancher out. Seems though that a lot of them want to charge me for the privilege of helping them.
I'm right there with you. I'd have no problem taking out hogs for a rancher/farmer but I'm not gona pay for it. People charge for hog removal. I'd do it for free. I'm in San Antonio and the offer stands, pm if interested. :mrgreen:
Yep, if you're charging $150+ for a hog hunt, you don't have a hog problem.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

strider67

Post by strider67 »

fishman, you could probably have about 500 of your closest friends down there in nothin' flat to help you with your little "problem"...just say the word! :lol:
"When things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plum, mad-dog mean. Cuz' if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win...that's just the way it is." - The Outlaw Josey Wales

miversen1

Post by miversen1 »

not cool

Mike I

Scott in Houston

Post by Scott in Houston »

strider67 wrote:
fishman, you could probably have about 500 of your closest friends down there in nothin' flat to help you with your little "problem"...just say the word! :lol:
Make me 501.

Fangs

Post by Fangs »

I'll help too! :mrgreen:
"When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden. The one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream." - speedsix

TDDude

Post by TDDude »

steve817 wrote: I have been ready and willing for a while to help some rancher out. Seems though that a lot of them want to charge me for the privilege of helping them.
That does seem a bit silly. Perhaps it can be a reverse charge. I pay a deposit of $100.00 a day against $.50 per pound of pork on the hoof that I remove. How does that sound?
Ray F.
Luke 22:35-38 "Gear up boys, I gotta go and it's gonna get rough." JC
-- Darrell Royal, former UT football coach - "If worms carried pistols, birds wouldn't eat 'em."

texasmusic

Post by texasmusic »

TDDude wrote:
steve817 wrote: I have been ready and willing for a while to help some rancher out. Seems though that a lot of them want to charge me for the privilege of helping them.
That does seem a bit silly. Perhaps it can be a reverse charge. I pay a deposit of $100.00 a day against $.50 per pound of pork on the hoof that I remove. How does that sound?
I think the issue being the old ranchers don't like people they don't know too well having any kind of run on their property. I've been on both sides of this as a ranch hand and someone who loves to blast the occasional pig or twenty. Even someone with good intentions can be pulled into the drama of a calf that dies the day after a pig hunt (been there too). I've seen guys take the irresponsible shot and kill a calf. Most people will only let family members and close friends hunt on their place for that reason.
Ubi libertas habitat ibi nostra patria est

SRH78

Post by SRH78 »

strider67 wrote:fishman, you could probably have about 500 of your closest friends down there in nothin' flat to help you with your little "problem"...just say the word! :lol:
This man speaks the truth. :mrgreen:

<<<< Willing to offer free hog removal services, lol. :fire

speedsix
Posts in topic: 4

Post by speedsix »

... http://www.texasmonthly.com/2011-08-01/webextra10.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; still looking for prices...

billfromtx

Post by billfromtx »

That is AWESOME!!!!
To err is human.
To forgive is divine.
Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.

Don2

Post by Don2 »

I know several hay farmers in East Texas that have all but gone out of business because of hogs rooting up their fields and others they contract for..!!!!
If you have not been where hogs root the ground up...it looks like a large john deere tractor went through the field with 12' plows..!
No kidding.....

Not to mention they are messing up grazing pastures for the cattle. They have been sighted in LARGE herds moving like small tractors through fields.

I had about 30 run through my back pasture about a year ago and left me with a big mess to FIX..

Do whatcha gotta do..they need to GO. :smash:
Do you rent that sucker out?
Just kidding.
Don2

Return to “Hunting Photos”