Duck lease

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
wakyworm79
Posts in topic: 1

Duck lease

Post by wakyworm79 »

Looking for duck lease in texas. Have awesome dog just need some where to use her. Thanks in advance for the help

chuckybrown
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Duck lease

Post by chuckybrown »

What part of the state?
Chuckybrown

jmain
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jmain »

If you have a boat, got to Rockport - in the bays there are duck blinds all over - the are built by individuals but are first come first serve as far as using them.
I go almost every year and use different blinds every morning we hunt.
Texas CHL Instructor
www.austinarmory.com
IWB Custom Holsters - CHL Classes - CHL/Holster Packages.

RJGold

Post by RJGold »

wakyworm79 wrote:Looking for duck lease in texas. Have awesome dog just need some where to use her. Thanks in advance for the help
Texas is a big state...

Where do you want to hunt? I can put you in touch with a great club lease just west of Houston (properties from Katy to Matagorda)...
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

RJGold

Post by RJGold »

jmain wrote:If you have a boat, got to Rockport - in the bays there are duck blinds all over - the are built by individuals but are first come first serve as far as using them.
While what you are saying is true from a legal standpoint, it is understood that if I build a blind and you are in it, you will leave it and go hunt somewhere else...

Most of the time, it's not an issue but gentlemanly conduct is understood and expected concerning blinds built in public water...

My two cents...
Take Care.
RJ

jmain

Post by jmain »

RJGold wrote:
jmain wrote:If you have a boat, got to Rockport - in the bays there are duck blinds all over - the are built by individuals but are first come first serve as far as using them.
While what you are saying is true from a legal standpoint, it is understood that if I build a blind and you are in it, you will leave it and go hunt somewhere else...

Most of the time, it's not an issue but gentlemanly conduct is understood and expected concerning blinds built in public water...

My two cents...
Yes,

We have a blind about 500 yards from our boat dock. We have gone in and found others already occupied and I never said a word. They have dogs, decoys, boats camo'd out and anchored. The gentleman thing to do is go down the bay 5 min and get in one not occupied. We will repair during the offseason as we are fishing the bays. See one that we know works, make mental note, go out the next day with some tools and fix it.

That has always been my experience at least. I have never gone on opeing week though... :coolgleamA:
Texas CHL Instructor
www.austinarmory.com

RJGold

Post by RJGold »

jmain wrote:
RJGold wrote:

My two cents...
Yes,

We have a blind about 500 yards from our boat dock. We have gone in and found others already occupied and I never said a word. They have dogs, decoys, boats camo'd out and anchored. The gentleman thing to do is go down the bay 5 min and get in one not occupied. We will repair during the offseason as we are fishing the bays. See one that we know works, make mental note, go out the next day with some tools and fix it.

That has always been my experience at least. I have never gone on opeing week though... :coolgleamA:
I grew up around Port O'Connor and Mission Bay. While there were plenty of times we moved from one blind to another, there were also plenty of times we asked folks who had no "equity" in local blinds to move on. It really bothers me that folks who spent their summers in the AC would take blinds from those who spent their summer "driving piles", building blinds, and then brushing them (all done with multiple boat trips). It is one of those endless arguments that can only be settled by the "what goes around comes around" saying.

At the end of the day, the only one who knows about your sweat equity in your blinds, is you...
Take Care.
RJ

jmain

Post by jmain »

RJGold wrote:
jmain wrote:
RJGold wrote:

My two cents...
Yes,

I grew up around Port O'Connor and Mission Bay. While there were plenty of times we moved from one blind to another, there were also plenty of times we asked folks who had no "equity" in local blinds to move on. It really bothers me that folks who spent their summers in the AC would take blinds from those who spent their summer "driving piles", building blinds, and then brushing them (all done with multiple boat trips). It is one of those endless arguments that can only be settled by the "what goes around comes around" saying.

At the end of the day, the only one who knows about your sweat equity in your blinds, is you...
I hear ya...I get irritated by the guys that croaker fish and pull every fish out of a hole and justify it by saying they caught their limit. Lot of things you can get in a pissing match about down there, I just try and relax when I get to go...
I have had a guide pull up on us and told us we were in HIS hole. :shock:
Texas CHL Instructor
www.austinarmory.com

Return to “Hunting Photos”