My hunt Louisiana 11/28/12 this was taken at 5:50 pm

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
jadm1967
Posts in topic: 1

My hunt Louisiana 11/28/12 this was taken at 5:50 pm

Post by jadm1967 »

10 minutes before the closing for the day, My wife and I were in the stand at the lease, it was almost sunset (official) closing for the day, my wife tells me she sees something down one of the 4 lanes, I put the barrel out the stand and start looking through the scope and about 120 yards out I see a group of hogs walking towards the stand but veering to my right (towards the brush and trees) I cannot waste this opportunity (I tell myself) I see 3 big hogs 1 on each side of the group and another in the back and about 4 piglets right in the middle, but I focused on the one to my right, I breathe and wait let go of all and breathe out at that point I squeeze the trigger :fire and followed with the scope again only to see it flip backwards and lay screeching really really loud, if I had a semi auto (AR type) I could of taken at least 3 more, but the excitement got to me , I knew I killed a beast, and that BACON, HAM, Ribs sausage was in order, to this date I tell my cousin that this is the one that was in one of his pictures from his trail cam located about 2.5 miles from where it was to this date my cousin a hunter for years had never seen a pig in his lease that was that big (estimated at 325 lbs ) to this date he has been trying to lure the others to no avail, maybe when I go in July I get the other ones (BTW this one was as clean as if it had taken a show prior to going out that evening) taken with a Remington 270
Attachments
hog.jpg
Class 04/07/13, Prints 04/08/13, Emailed all Dox 04/09/13, DPS received Mailed in Dox 4/16/13
Spoke with CS All documents and prints accepted 05/10/13
dox are in Data Entry 05/10/13 ,prints and BG pending 05/20, Manufacturing Pending 06/03/13, manufacturing 06/04/13, Mailed 6/6/13

rbwhatever1

Re: My hunt Louisiana 11/28/12 this was taken at 5:50 pm

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Nice pig!
III

J.J.

Post by J.J. »

That is some pig!
Congrats!! :thumbs2:
~ "JJ"

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

Just out of curiosity did you process the meat yourself or have it done commercially, and if the latter, what did it cost and how much meat did you wind up with? Asking because I've been invited on a hunt, and wondered what I might be getting into as far as results.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

Return to “Hunting Photos”