Realtree camo. Seen it before?

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
n5wd
Posts in topic: 1

Realtree camo. Seen it before?

Post by n5wd »

Anyone seen the camo from Realtree? This stuff is amazing!

Photos and story courtesy of our favorite English paper with its American edition:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... e-see.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

Carry-a-Kimber

Re: Realtree camo. Seen it before?

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

You have to remember that those photos were staged by the camo manufacturer; individual results may vary. :biggrinjester:

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Each of those photos was heavily post-processed to enhance the blending effect of the colors too. HDR photography can be used for a lot of things besides pretty sunsets.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I've had realtree products for many years and they are good, but IMHO not that good. Those colors do appear to be balanced or blended together a bit more than what is natural.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

There was a brand of camouflage clothing called Bushlan that mimicked cedar. An friend of my brother's tried some out down in Big Bend and Willie donned the overall and face mask and gloves then wailked to a clump of cedar about 50 yards away. T they all told couln't detect him, (it was actually very good camo) and as he was walking back was speaking to them my brother said "Where's Willie?" "Anybody seen Willie?" Even when he was a couple of feet away they would pretend they couldn't see Willie. They kept it up the entire two week trip. :lol:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Hunting Photos”