How To Address a Game Warden?

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Piney
Posts in topic: 1

How To Address a Game Warden?

Post by Piney »

Thought this would be a good place to ask --

How does one address a Game Warden ? For example, one could address a DPS member as Trooper Smith, or a member of a SO as Deputy Smith.

RPBrown

Re: How To Address a Game Warden?

Post by RPBrown »

Warden, sir, or ma'am
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Maxwell
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Maxwell »

In all instances, younger or older than you the respectful salutation is "Sir or Ma'am."

They deserve the respect.
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

RPBrown wrote:Warden, sir, or ma'am
The are actually officers, so that is appropriate as well.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Charlies.Contingency
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

State Trooper: Trooper Montgomery
City PD: Officer Montgomery
County Deputy: Deputy Montgomery
Game Warden: Warden Montgomery

The way I have done it for years. HOWEVER, if you can identify rank, then the rank would proceed their name. IE, Captain Montgomery, Sergeant Montgomery, etc.
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Richbirdhunter »

I'm just kind and respectful, but I'm not a very formal guy. On the otherside of the coin, I've never been addressed as Taxpayer Rich by any government employee before. It would be nice to be shown a little respect for all of my hard work too.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Richbirdhunter wrote:I'm just kind and respectful, but I'm not a very formal guy. On the otherside of the coin, I've never been addressed as Taxpayer Rich by any government employee before. It would be nice to be shown a little respect for all of my hard work too.
Every police officer I've had contact with in an official capacity used "Mr." and "Sir" when addressing me. That's plenty respectful in my book.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

jmra

Post by jmra »

mojo84 wrote:
Richbirdhunter wrote:I'm just kind and respectful, but I'm not a very formal guy. On the otherside of the coin, I've never been addressed as Taxpayer Rich by any government employee before. It would be nice to be shown a little respect for all of my hard work too.
Every police officer I've had contact with in an official capacity used "Mr." and "Sir" when addressing me. That's plenty respectful in my book.
:iagree:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Bay-Bay..., Ohhhh Bay-Bay..., My Sweet Bay-Bay, You're The One!

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Abraham wrote:Bay-Bay..., Ohhhh Bay-Bay..., My Sweet Bay-Bay, You're The One!
Are you speaking from experience? :lol:
NRA Endowment Member

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

Well, in two cases, "Ralph" and "Frank" worked too.

One was my lieutenant in the NY State Park Police, the other was a friend who eventually became a warden.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

OldGrumpy

Post by OldGrumpy »

jmra wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
Love God, Family, USA, and Texas
Act justly, love mercy, walk humbly with God - Micah 6:8

3dfxMM

Post by 3dfxMM »

You being a taxpayer doesn't distinguish you from them. They pay them too.

Maxwell
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Maxwell »

mojo84 wrote:
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

3dfxMM wrote:
You being a taxpayer doesn't distinguish you from them. They pay them too.
As a private sector person, I earn everything my family needs plus enough to help fund the government, there's isn't a single government employee that pays for everything his family needs plus the needs of others. That's why they used to public servants. Not to mention how insulting it is that same public employees are union members as well. The taxpayers pay the salaries and union dues. To protect the government employee from the government.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

Return to “Hunting Photos”