It wasn't me! :(

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
LSUTiger
Posts in topic: 1

It wasn't me! :(

Post by LSUTiger »

:grumble

I have a friend who could care less about hunting. I on the other hand have dreams of having hunting opportunities like this present themselves.

He gets invited by a vendor to an all expense paid guided hunting trip all because his company has done big business with them. Not knowing anything much about deer hunting or rifles he asks me to mount and sight in a new scope to a Winchester Model 70 .30-06 he inherited from his dad.

Like a good buddy, I oblige him and take the time to mount and sight the scope and bring him to the range for a little practice.

Two weeks later he sends me this picture:

11/8
IMG_1355b.jpg
I have taught the young Padawan well. But one deer does not a Jedi Master make. Ok, I'll admit, I may have used the force, just a little.Image
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

Abraham

Re: It wasn't me! :(

Post by Abraham »

Looks like he did well, but what's a Padawan?

I hope he gave you the back straps?

I once had to borrow a rifle for a deer hunt, (I'd sold all my deer hunting rifles as I expected deer hunting was a thing of the past...) and the price of my borrowing: Back straps.

I obliged.

Javier730

Re: It wasn't me! :(

Post by Javier730 »

Abraham wrote:Looks like he did well, but what's a Padawan?

I hope he gave you the back straps?

I once had to borrow a rifle for a deer hunt, (I'd sold all my deer hunting rifles as I expected deer hunting was a thing of the past...) and the price of my borrowing: Back straps.

I obliged.
A Jedi in training. (Star Wars)
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

Return to “Hunting Photos”