Models needed for CHL Fashion Show

Announcements, questions and comments about this year's event!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Models needed for CHL Fashion Show

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Once again, we will be presenting the CHL Fashion Show during the lunch break in the TexasCHLforum Day at PSC. This gives people the opportunity to see different types of holsters and other methods of carrying a handgun, pouches for mags., flashlights, OC spray, etc., and cover garments. It's also an opportunity to ask questions and learn what works and what doesn't.

We need men and women to "model" for the CHL Fashion Show. Danny Stowers will be running the Fashion Show again the year and a message from Danny is included below.

Please consider helping with Fashion Show. It's always a lot of fun and a great opportunity for all of us to gain from each the experience of others. Participation may keep you from having a large "dead holster" drawer like some of us have built over the years.

Chas.
Danny Stowers wrote:Here is the information I would like to learn from those interested in "Modeling" for the fashion show.

The details of the type of pistol and holster they are demonstrating, including;
The price of the holster and availability;
Any special features of the holster, such as retention features, easy on-off, tuckable, etc.;
Why they decided that was the best or suitable carry method for them.;
Is this a seasonal method of carry and do they change for Summer/Winter;
Pros and Cons of this particular carry method, including what they would like to change about the method;
Do they believe that particular method is suitable for larger or smaller body types, for the athlete or couch potato, etc.;
Anything else they would like to add.

If they know the mode of dress they will be demonstrating, please provide that as well.

We would be happy to showcase off-the-body methods as well if those are used regularly by anyone.

We would like to showcase a variety of methods in use by regular carriers who have a variety of body types. If it works for you, it may work for others.

Please note that we do not want to show 10 methods of strong side belt holsters. We are looking for reliable, comfortable methods used in everyday carry in order to provide ideas and insight to others who are considering concealed carry for the first time, for those who are looking to carry more frequently, for those who need a better method than they employ now, and for those who just like to expand their options.

If you are interested, please forward your information to me at danny.stowers@academy.com. I will confirm your participation by Thursday, September 25.

Thanks,
Danny

anygunanywhere

Re: Models needed for CHL Fashion Show

Post by anygunanywhere »

I think we need Mr. 72 as a model. He seems to be fashion conscious.

:biggrinjester:

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

longtooth
Posts in topic: 1

Post by longtooth »

I'll do it again this yr. :tiphat:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

The 2008 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC has been CANCELLED! Please see http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... 79&t=18914" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for more details.

Chas.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

longtooth wrote:I'll do it again this yr. :tiphat:
The new fashion season for summer will be in full swing by the time we have the forum day!

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

NcongruNt
Posts in topic: 1

Post by NcongruNt »

Well, shucks. I was hoping to show off my new hoslter shirt. I'll just have to wait until the Spring.
NRA Member
TSRA Member
My Blog: All You Really Need

Return to “TexasCHLforum Day at PSC 2008”