Should private citizens own Body Armor? Massad Ayoob on the benefits of kevlar vests.

This section is for recommendations, reviews & questions.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 1

Should private citizens own Body Armor? Massad Ayoob on the benefits of kevlar vests.

Post by Paladin »

Nice discussion about the usefulness of body armor.

I didn't realize the usefulness in traffic accidents.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

AF-Odin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Should private citizens own Body Armor? Massad Ayoob on the benefits of kevlar vests.

Post by AF-Odin »

Good video and good points. When I am teaching my "Intro To Pistol Shooting" I have the student do a lot of dry-fire. I usually hang my Second Chance Level II vest on the wall and have them dry-fire at the vest. Like Mas said, when playing RSO I will usually use my Second Chance Level IIIA. Got that one a bit oversized so that it wraps completely around the torso. Currently saving my nickels to get a good Level III or possibly Level IV to stop rifle rounds. Not sue I need to stop .30-06AP but would like something that stops 62gr 5.56 and 7.62x39.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Return to “Books & Videos”