Modern Day Gunslinger

This section is for recommendations, reviews & questions.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Wfahey
Posts in topic: 1

Modern Day Gunslinger

Post by Wfahey »

Author is Don Mann, a retired Navy SEAL.

Picked this book up at the Ft Sam clothing sales store. So far I am really liking it. Would be reading it now if I didn't have to work. ;-)

This description is from inside the front jacket:

A result of twelve years of research, The Modern Day Gunslinger was written to meet the needs of the gun owner, the experienced shooter, those who own a weapon strictly for home and self-defense, and for the military member who wants to become a better shooter in defense of our country. It’s also for the law enforcement officer who risks his or her life going against the thugs of our society, and for anyone interested in learning the defensive and tactical training techniques from some of the best and most experienced shooters in the world.

The shooting skills taught in this book carry broad application in civilian, law enforcement, and military contexts. Common criminals, terrorists, assailants—the enemy and threat—all will find themselves outgunned in the face of a properly armed and trained gunslinger. Members of the armed services, government and law enforcement agencies, as well as civilians, will find that the close-range shooting methods addressed in this book can provide a decisive advantage. Show More An all-encompassing manual that addresses safety, equipment, tactics, and the best practices for all shooters, The Modern Day Gunslinger is the most all-encompassing book on shooting ever published. It’s a book that, in the words of senior special agent and U.S. government senior weapons and tactics instructor Dick Conger, “will save lives.” 200 color photographs

HenryAKirk

Re: Modern Day Gunslinger

Post by HenryAKirk »

Awesome book, I learned a lot from it. The training routines in the back have helped me improve my technique by a ton. Good info and opinions. :thumbsup:
:patriot: Everyone has been given a gift in life...And warriors have been given the gift of aggression.These people, the ones who have been blessed with the gift of aggression and a love for others, are our sheepdogs Lt. Col. Dave Grossman :txflag:

LDB415

Re: Modern Day Gunslinger

Post by LDB415 »

It's available on Kindle.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Return to “Books & Videos”