An American Sniper

This section is for recommendations, reviews & questions.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
JALLEN
Posts in topic: 1

An American Sniper

Post by JALLEN »

I got this book on my Kindle the morning it came out.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_ ... ooks%2C231
It will not be mistaken for great literature, but for those of us who enjoy firearms and the use thereof, it will be an entertaining read. There are some unbelievable shots recounted.

Of course, Chief Kyle is a native Texan who started shooting a a young boy. I saw in another place that after he got out of the Navy, he was the victim of an attempted carjacking that left two perps dead. Boy, that is really bad luck... trying to steal a car from a professional killer!

I recommend it.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

JustMe

Re: An American Sniper

Post by JustMe »

[quote="JALLEN"]Boy, that is really bad luck... trying to steal a car from a professional killer!

quote]

Maybe more of them should EXPECT to get that type of response and they would stop
Mary Ellis
TX CHL Instructor NRA Instuctor--Basic Pistol,Basic Rifle, Basic Shotgun, RTBAV,Home Firearm Safety,Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection outside the Home. ,RSO, CRSO,TP&&W Hunter Ed Instructor

fannypacker

Post by fannypacker »

I am 100 pages into the hardback copy. Not a skilled writer but a tough Texan. A country boy, grew up on a ranch in Texas, rodeo rider. What is not to like about this guy?

snatchel
Posts in topic: 3

Post by snatchel »

I bought it yesterday on kindle.. and just finished it this evening. Man.. he does not look fondly on us SBU guys. "rlol"
Excellent book. I reccomend it!
No More Signature

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I finished the Kindle edition a couple of weeks ago. I really appreciated that he included his wife's thoughts in some sections. I saw him as a guest on Conan O'Brien's show a couple of nights ago. Conan was extremely nervous around him.....like he was afraid that one of his jokes might make Chris go ballistic and kill everyone in the room. But Kyle is a typical professional, very respectful to the civilians around him. What I really appreciate is that every dollar of profit on this book is going to support America's wounded warriors.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

snatchel wrote:I bought it yesterday on kindle.. and just finished it this evening. Man.. he does not look fondly on us SBU guys. "rlol"
Excellent book. I reccomend it!
SBU please? I'm not familiar with that term.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

snatchel

Post by snatchel »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I finished the Kindle edition a couple of weeks ago. I really appreciated that he included his wife's thoughts in some sections. I saw him as a guest on Conan O'Brien's show a couple of nights ago. Conan was extremely nervous around him.....like he was afraid that one of his jokes might make Chris go ballistic and kill everyone in the room. But Kyle is a typical professional, very respectful to the civilians around him. What I really appreciate is that every dollar of profit on this book is going to support America's wounded warriors.
LoL. I watched him on Conan O'Brien too... It was entertaining. And yes, the fact that the money goes to support our guys made me not regret spending a dime of it.

C-Dub, SBU stands for Special Boat Unit. We are also known as SWCC, or Special Warfare Combatant Craft Crewmen....
No More Signature

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

snatchel wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:I finished the Kindle edition a couple of weeks ago. I really appreciated that he included his wife's thoughts in some sections. I saw him as a guest on Conan O'Brien's show a couple of nights ago. Conan was extremely nervous around him.....like he was afraid that one of his jokes might make Chris go ballistic and kill everyone in the room. But Kyle is a typical professional, very respectful to the civilians around him. What I really appreciate is that every dollar of profit on this book is going to support America's wounded warriors.
LoL. I watched him on Conan O'Brien too... It was entertaining. And yes, the fact that the money goes to support our guys made me not regret spending a dime of it.

C-Dub, SBU stands for Special Boat Unit. We are also known as SWCC, or Special Warfare Combatant Craft Crewmen....
Ah, SWCC I know. I friend of mine's kid was going into that program, but had some trouble with the swimming, ended up a gunner on a Frigate or Destroyer, and is now getting training for boarding parties.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

snatchel

Post by snatchel »

C-dub wrote:
snatchel wrote:

Ah, SWCC I know. I friend of mine's kid was going into that program, but had some trouble with the swimming, ended up a gunner on a Frigate or Destroyer, and is now getting training for boarding parties.

Ahhh, swimming... yes. Water has a way of making all men equal. I hated running.. but I could run all day. I hated pushups/situps/pullups... but I could do them all day. I thought I could swim like a fish.. then went to SWCC school... and learned very quickly that i could not swim all day. I still enjoyed it though, and I came out one heck of a swimmer.

Granted, the SEAL's would occasionally come work out with us and swim circles around us... dunked us.... and fought us under the water constantly. Those guys would be swimming alongside you.. then they would disappear. You wouldn't even notice they were gone until they had you by the arm/leg/head and had pulled you 5 or 6 feet under water. Then they would hold you under and put knees into your gut, ensuring you choked on a mouthfull of water. Those guys were incredible in the water. I got to where I wasn't afraid of drowning.. I would take my beating like a champ.

This is a true story: Once we did a swim exercise with them on our Chief's orders. It was an open water swim out on the ocean, and was approximately 5 miles.. give or take. One of the jerk SEAL's brought a cooler with him full of beer.. .and swam the whole thing pulling this stupid cooler along with him with a piece of rope attached to his ankle. The boat guys and I were swimming right along and noticed the SEAL's had slowed down.. we were thinking we were just about slick as goose-poop and beating the heck out of them. We finished the swim, and waited on the shore for about 30 minutes for them to get done.. and that's when I saw that there were 6 drunken SEAL's stumbling up on the beach with an empty cooler. That was embarassing.. we were dying.... They were housed, and still had plenty of fight left in 'em. :mad5
No More Signature

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

That is too funny Snatchel.

I have mentioned before that I was an Aviation Electronics Tech. in an F14 squadron when I was in. I volunteered to be a search and rescue swimmer, but never got orders for it. I guess they were full up at the time. It's probably just as well. Much like the comedian Ron White when it comes to being silent, when it came to the swimming part I had the desire, but not the ability. I can swim, but probably not good enough for that program even then.

Munk

Post by Munk »

I run, I pull up, I push up, I sink... "rlol"
III%

smilner01

Post by smilner01 »

I was surprised last month that in my student email, the college I go to said he was going to be a guest speaker. Turns out that was where he graduated from.
NRA Life Member
GSSF Life Member
CHL Holder-34 days class-to-card

Return to “Books & Videos”