A push to make a point, Matt Bracken Operation EFAD (Update)

This section is for recommendations, reviews & questions.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 6

A push to make a point, Matt Bracken Operation EFAD (Update)

Post by stevie_d_64 »

It's been a while since I posted, I've been busier the a one-legged man in a butt kicking contest over the last year or so...And that is a good thing...

But now it is down to bidness...

My friend and author of a series of books (novels) that many of you may or may not know about, has been busy, and he and a few of his closest friends have been getting the word out that he wants to attempt to get the sales of his first novel Enemies, Foreign and Domestic (The Yellow Book) to spike the Amazon.com sales for the March timeframe...

Now, to negate the naysayers that this is a publicity stunt, well maybe that is what it is, and it may make him (Matt) some money in the process...Well, he did write the book, and obviously he'll make some money on this push, so to speak...But that is besiode the point, he has already made money on this book and still has some residual sales coming in on it...

From our standpoint the issues contained in the actual book have the potential to happen that could damage our Second Amendment right to keep and beear arms...And I can see that a lot of us would not put it pat a Congress, Senate and Administration we have now to initiate that damaging policy...

So Matt has gone and allowed the novel to be available for those having Kindle's or other E-Readers to purchase this novel online on what he calls a significant chance to make an impact on the Amazon ratings chart...The point of the exercise is to "spike" the sales only on a specific date...I will release that day at the end of this post...

What the ideas is is to spike the Amazon.com sales chart, and cause a National recognition of the sales of a book that would normally go un-noticed by the general non-gun owning public...

If that is successful, and some notice is given to it by the media, yeah, I know, but it is an effort I believe worth a few dollars of ours, even in hard times like this...I even ponied up and bought a Kindle Fire last week to be ready to buy on the day we would like to see this spike happen...So I am committed to doing my part to facilitate the kind of attention we would like to see given to this issue...

No matter what the spin on this may inspire, I believe this to be a good thing for our cause and the protection and attention this issue needs...This is my opinion of course, but I believe the results could be very positive and shine the light on an issue that is going to get a lot more attention in the next 4 years, than some of may care to admit, and it may not go very well...But the message needs to be primed with something around and about this time in out nations history, because it doesn't seem to be getting a lot of attention...

So the plan is simple...If you are a user of E-Reader books, and you may or may not have a copy of this book, which has just reecently been available on Amazon for the E-Readership around the world, the plan is to bot up them thar E-Readers, buy a copy of Enemies, Foriegn and Domestic, Matt Brackens' yellow covered first novel, and see if we can spike the Amazon.com sales charts on March 1, 2012...

I told Matt that I would wait till he said it was ok to prepare some of the pro-Second Amendment websites his closest friends know about, and I told him that Charles's website here would be a fantastic source to tap for this effort...

Most folks that know me personally know that I do not often come out and pimp another persons products without good reason, and even thought Matt's my friend and a friend to the overall cause, most know his novels to be good reading, they entertain, but keep us focused on what needs to be attended to in the support of our cause...

I think it is the least we can do, to try this idea out, see what happens and have a collective, consolidated effort to bring national attention to this issue...

So don't go and buy the novel now...Wait till March 1, 2012 to make your purchase...

If anyone has any questions, I can post some additional links and or communications to you here or in emails for the inside informations scoop...

I'm going to get some stuff (links) and post them here in a little while...And if anyone wants to go ahead and prime other websites or other information loops that are amiable to the Second Amendment as well, go right ahead and take what information you have here, and run with it...But make absolutely sure that no one purchases the book online, in E-Reader or hard copy format till March 1, 2012...This is the most important thing...

Anyway, its good to be back and have something pertinant to post on this website again...Sorry for my absense, but you know I was never that far away anyway...hehehe

Best Regards,
Steve
Last edited by stevie_d_64 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Topic author
stevie_d_64

Re: A push to make a point, Matt Bracken and his first novel

Post by stevie_d_64 »

An email sent out by Matt on the issue...FYI...

Today’s action agenda will be short, sweet, and simple to carry out.

FIRST: please begin to collect hyperlinks to any blog postings or web forums that mention or discuss Operation #EFAD. Repost these links on Twitter, using the group hashtag #EFAD. Include any of the following Twitter hashtag groups in your tweets:

#NRA #RKBA #REDSTATE #BIGGOVT #TCOT #TLOT #SGP #OCRA #SURVIVAL #PREPPERS #a problem arises
(and any other # groups you think would be interested in this operation.)

Repost any links to blogs or forums discussing Operation EFAD on your Facebook pages and personal blogs, and on any suitable internet forums that you follow. Keep any threads discussing Operation EFAD bumped to the top.

Email and private mail your friends whom you think might enjoy participating in this national psyop. Send them this link:

“About Enemies Foreign And Domestic”

http://www.enemiesforeignanddomestic.com/bookefad.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The goal here is to achieve “Escape Viralocity.”

SECOND: Please begin to collect the email addresses (personal, not corporate, when possible) for as many national and local talk radio hosts and their production assistants as possible. Also collect the email addresses for other national media figures and internet heavyweights. These email addresses are often hidden beneath layers of corporate claptrap, meant to keep the unruly peasants at bay, but you can often find them with a bit of digging.

Easier, but just as important, begin to collect the Twitter @handles for the same local and national talk radio hosts, media figures, and internet bigshots. These email addresses and Twitter handles should be held in ready reserve, preparing for our phased “Time-On-Target” media barrage, leading up to D-Day, March 1, when Operation EFAD will go thermonuclear.

Thanks for all of your help! If this op takes off the way I believe it can, we will be able to force the elite lamestream media to finally confront some ugly truths about their collusion in the ongoing incremental theft of our “family crown jewels,” which is our legacy of American freedom.

As expected, it’s getting very busy here in the command bunker. I may be delayed in responding to emails, Facebook messages, and Tweets. If my website is taken out in a denial of service attack, we might go dark for a few hours. In that case, don’t wait for new instructions, but “ride to the sound of the guns!” Remember: D-Day is March 1.

Bracken-—Out.

Two useful links to spread around:

“About Operation Enemies Foreign And Domestic”
http://www.enemiesforeignanddomestic.com/bookefad.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Operation #EFAD Communiques
http://www.enemiesforeignanddomestic.com/EFADcomm.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

Topic author
stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

If anyone knows anything about Matt and his service to this country will respect his attempt to keep the issue on the front burner these days...

Like I said, if you have any questions, please feel free to write or call me if you have my number, and I'll be happy to clarify any ambiguities if there are any...

BTW, the Kindle Fire is a very neat little toy...I thought I'd never need to buy an E-Reader, but it took something like this and a call to action to facilitate that purchase...

I think Matt has a great idea here, and it makes sense, so feel free to spread the info around your circle of influence around the internet, but make sure you tell folks to not buy till March 1, 2012...That is so important...

Later,
Steve
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Bought it. It will be my next read. Working through "Lights Out" right now.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

From what I understand...The push to make a dent in the heads that notice Amazon sales rends is to get the book as a "free" download which is described more in those links I gleened from our discussions...

You can get the download for your "reader" device AND get one for your computer (laptop) etc etc etc...Anything that can take and use the download...

I don't think Matt is looking to make any money on this this time...So I'm trying to get the word out to amiable minds on the issue...

But we got to wait till the 1st of March, to do this...
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

big 54r

Post by big 54r »

I have all three of his book's and will be getting castigo cay soon maybe friday...I like the first book a lot....yellow book.
I don't have a computer at the moment or a kindle or e-reader device but I will tell all I know to get this book and further the cause!
good looking out stevie!

bayouhazard

Post by bayouhazard »

I liked the first book a lot more than the second. Nice opportunity to get an ebook copy to augment the signed paperback.

Topic author
stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

You know, you can download that free novel to yur computer (laptops), and your mobile device, like that Apple i4S as well...

I did my Kindle this morning, and will download it 3 more times this evening for the two laptops and one i4S...

Matt has a good plan when the folks take notice of this "spike"...His intent (from what I understand) is do something to keep (and or push) the overall issue to the forefront of this election cycle...

And from just going back and re-reading the first couple of chapters...It should remind us all of what is at stake, no matter what anyone says about it...
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

74novaman
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 74novaman »

Got it on my Kindle today. Looking forward to read it. :mrgreen:
TANSTAAFL

apostate

Post by apostate »

big 54r wrote:I have all three of his book's and will be getting castigo cay soon maybe friday...I like the first book a lot....yellow book.
I don't have a computer at the moment or a kindle or e-reader device but I will tell all I know to get this book and further the cause!
good looking out stevie!
If you have internet access and an Amazon account, you can choose delivery to the "Kindle Cloud Reader" where you can read the book using a web browser. If you don't have an Amazon account, you can create one in a minute or less if you already have an email address.
You can also get free kindle books like The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and other classics. :read:

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

Started reading this afternoon...I'm already on chapter 17. REALLY good read so far.
TANSTAAFL

Topic author
stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

An update...Today is the last day of Operation EFAD...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/blogg ... s?page=6#6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lokos like we did very well in the Amazon.com ratings...Well done folks...We have till midnight tonight to finish up...
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

74novaman

Re: A push to make a point, Matt Bracken Operation EFAD (Upd

Post by 74novaman »

Yep. Finished this one....good book, but a bit scary how I could see some idiots doing what the govt did in the book.
TANSTAAFL

Return to “Books & Videos”