First Vietnam War Book Using Northern Sources

This section is for recommendations, reviews & questions.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
doc540
Posts in topic: 1

First Vietnam War Book Using Northern Sources

Post by doc540 »

Until recently, the North has kept a tight lid on all internal information, data, and correspondence.

Now the first book has been written using unprecedented access to North Vietnam sources.

Just started her book this week, but so far it's outstanding. :cheers2:

There was a HECK of a lot going on in the North that we've never heard about. :shock:

Thought I'd share it for those here who are interested in history.

http://www.amazon.com/Hanois-War-Intern ... 080783551X

note: I do not agree with the author on many of her points, but I'm being enlightened about many things keep secret by the North for decades.
http://www.train2shoot.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Lifetime Member
NRA Instructor
"Shooting more, typing less"

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Re: First Vietnam War Book Using Northern Sources

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

In a related vein, I can't remember the name of the book but here's its history:

During the Vietnam War, US forces had engaged in a battle with Viet Cong/NVA forces.
After the battle the Americans were going through the enemy positions, looking for intelligence of any sort.

Although many items were being thrown into a burn pile, one of the Americans picked up a diary, kept it, and brought it home to the States.

Some years went by and he had it translated, and got in touch with the author's family in North Vietnam.

The diarist was a woman doctor for the North. She documented life from the North Vietnamese soldier's side.
It was published in North Vietnam and became a huge hit, somewhat akin to the Anne Frank diary.
This woman doctor had been killed during the battle. Her family had not known much about her military experience.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Return to “Books & Videos”