The Constitution of the United States of America and .......

This section is for recommendations, reviews & questions.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
LSUTiger
Posts in topic: 2

The Constitution of the United States of America and .......

Post by LSUTiger »

The Constitution of the United States of America and Selected Writings of the Founding Fathers (Barnes & Noble Collectible Editions)

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-con ... 1435139305" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ISBN-13: 9781435139305
Publisher: Sterling
Publication date: 9/24/2012
Series: Barnes & Noble Collectible Editions Series

Overview
This collection of classic works traces the founding of America, from the birth of a our nation in the late 1760s to the creation of a more perfect union at the end ofin the early 1800s. It celebrates the pursuit of life, liberty, and justice the freedoms that define America through notable documents as well as significant pieces writings and speeches by famous figuresour founding fathers commenting on historic events, . This volume including includes the full texts of:
· On Civil War—Benjamin Franklin

· The Boston Massacre— John Hancock

· The Declaration of Independence

· Common Sense—Thomas Paine

· Articles of Confederation

· The Federalist Papers—Alexander Hamilton, James Madison and John Jay

· The Constitution of the United States of America

· The Bill of Rights

· Farewell Address—George Washington

· And other essential works
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

uthornsfan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The Constitution of the United States of America and ...

Post by uthornsfan »

Have you read this???

According to the comments they have the second and fourth amendments switched. I think that is something that should not be overlooked.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mojo84 »

Here's another option. The ereader version is free.

http://kirbycenter.hillsdale.edu/resources/reader" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
LSUTiger
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LSUTiger »

uthornsfan wrote:Have you read this???

According to the comments they have the second and fourth amendments switched. I think that is something that should not be overlooked.
I think you need to seriously overlook that review because whoever wrote it is a seriously confused.

As clearly explained in the book under the Bill of Rights section there were originally 12 amendments proposed of which #3-12 were ratified to become the Bill of Rights (1st 10 amendments) . #2 later became the 27 th amendment and #1 was never ratified.

So the 2nd amendment as we know it today was originally the 4th amendment. And the fourth amendment as we know it today was originally the 6th and so on and so forth for the first ten.

They got the amendments right!
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

Return to “Books & Videos”