Z-Lib

This section is for recommendations, reviews & questions.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

stever1950
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Z-Lib

Post by stever1950 »

Looks very interesting. I signed up for the free part for now. There is a lot to explore.
"Resistance to sudden violence, for the preservation not only of my person, my limbs, and life, but of my property, is an indisputable right of nature which I have never surrendered to the public by the compact of society, and which perhaps, I could not surrender if I would." John Adams

Rafe
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Rafe »

AndyC wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:15 am https://z-lib.org

Edit: Sent them a $10 Amazon gift-card via their fund-raising link and they upgraded me to 999 books/day - yikes!
Ah hah! Thanks...especially for that last bit. I looked around and decided I'd want the ebook conversion and kindle options, but wasn't eager to give out my cc number. If I can do it via an Amazon gift card, that'll work. Since we're "social distancing" now may be a good time for me to catch up on some reading. ;-)
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

AndyC wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:15 am https://z-lib.org

My dad put me onto this yesterday - no fees, a free account can download 10 books per day (clock seems to reset around 5 pm).

They have every novel I could think of plus many, many gun/prepper/survivalist books. Most of them have multiple formats available (PDFs, mobi (Kindle), etc) and there are free online tools to convert to your favorite format).

I think I'll need to buy an extra Kindle to store all this stuff.

Edit: Sent them a $10 Amazon gift-card via their fund-raising link and they upgraded me to 999 books/day - yikes!
FYI from the website...
Also UNLIMITED downloads (for 31 days after the day of making donation) are available for ALL contributors who will donate during the fundraising period.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

It doesn't make sense to me that this service can exist for free (or nominal cost) without violating copyrights....

I'd recommend staying away. Seems unfair (not to mention illegal) to the copyright holder and those who spent time and money to publish original works. YMMV.

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-legal-to-do ... -Z-Library
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “Books & Videos”