Midway's video tutorials

Do you have any tips to help others? Please post them here.

Moderator: carlson1

Midway's video tutorials

Postby LedJedi » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:39 pm

For those of you who haven't seen then, Midway has a great youtube page with over 90 how-to videos on the topic of gunsmithing:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MidwayUSA

I could watch these videos all day... well, actually i have!
User avatar
LedJedi
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1002
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:29 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Midway's video tutorials

Postby lrb111 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:55 pm

Now that's cool. They maybe on Midways site somewherm, but having them all accessible is neat. Thanks!!
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor
lrb111
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1551
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:48 pm
Location: Odessa

Re: Midway's video tutorials

Postby sskimber » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:57 pm

Thank you for posting the link, I never would have thought to look to youtube for gunsmith instruction.
sskimber
Member
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:30 am
Location: Pearland, TX

Re: Midway's video tutorials

Postby LedJedi » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:28 pm

sskimber wrote:Thank you for posting the link, I never would have thought to look to youtube for gunsmith instruction.


Oh man... you wouldn't believe what's on youtube. The other day i found a video (several actually) that teach you how to make a silencer (suppressor to be precise).

There was one a while back I saw that showed you how to make a particular assault rifle fully automatic with nothing but a rubber band. Don't think i bookmarked that one though.

You would be AMAZED at what you can find on youtube. Heck I even have videos up showing you how to make wine with fruit juice, yeast and ummm a protective latex barrier.

Now before someone gets their tighty whities in bunch: I would ever make or do something that's THAT illegal. (I will occasionally jay walk or perhaps exceed the speed limit so I can't say "never do anything illegal") But, I like the idea of knowing how to do it. I chalk it up to odd things that are interesting topics of conversation. I know essentially how to mummify a body from watching the History Channel or how to kill someone without a trace with a tennis ball (learned that one from an inmate while on the job. I was always polite to that guy after that...). Doesn't mean I'd ever do it though, or even share that knowledge in an irresponsible way. It's just interesting to know.

Note: home brewing is absolutely legal and I enjoy teaching classes on the subject almost as much as I enjoy sampling it :)
User avatar
LedJedi
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1002
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:29 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Midway's video tutorials

Postby Skiprr » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:14 am

It isn't just important any longer, it's critical. Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today!
NRA Patron Life Member
User avatar
Skiprr
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4655
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:50 pm
Location: Outskirts of Houston

Re: Midway's video tutorials

Postby bryang » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:48 pm

Thanks for posting the site...there is no end to what you can find on youtube.

-geo
"I am crucified with Christ: Nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me" -Gal 2:20

NRA-TSRA-Life Member
American Legion USN-GM
"Μολών λαβέ!"

Project One Million:Texas - Get Involved - Join The NRA & TSRA -TODAY!
User avatar
bryang
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:29 am
Location: Ft. Worth/Dallas

Re: Midway's video tutorials

Postby KBCraig » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:46 am

LedJedi wrote:Oh man... you wouldn't believe what's on youtube. The other day i found a video (several actually) that teach you how to make a silencer (suppressor to be precise).

There was one a while back I saw that showed you how to make a particular assault rifle fully automatic with nothing but a rubber band. Don't think i bookmarked that one though.

You would be AMAZED at what you can find on youtube. Heck I even have videos up showing you how to make wine with fruit juice, yeast and ummm a protective latex barrier.

Now before someone gets their tighty whities in bunch: I would ever make or do something that's THAT illegal.

Making wine is perfectly legal. ;-)
KBCraig
Banned
 
Posts: 5251
Joined: Fri May 06, 2005 3:32 am
Location: Texarkana

Re: Midway's video tutorials

Postby tetralaw » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:03 pm

I ran across some of Midway's video's a few months ago and enjoyed them. Very informative and easy to watch, especially if you're not that familiar with gunsmithing.

As far as youtube goes. If I'm doing research on anything, it's one of the first places I go. I like to watch other people disassemble a gun, or change a timing belt. I'll especially pay attention to the firearms if I'm interested in getting a gun, and want to know any tricks or tips for disassembly.
There is a lot of wasted time that can go into it, I'll end up watching the huge guy that bump fires the glock or something useless.
tetralaw
Member
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:49 pm

Re: Midway's video tutorials

Postby WildBill » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:25 pm

KBCraig wrote:
LedJedi wrote:Oh man... you wouldn't believe what's on youtube. The other day i found a video (several actually) that teach you how to make a silencer (suppressor to be precise).

There was one a while back I saw that showed you how to make a particular assault rifle fully automatic with nothing but a rubber band. Don't think i bookmarked that one though.

You would be AMAZED at what you can find on youtube. Heck I even have videos up showing you how to make wine with fruit juice, yeast and ummm a protective latex barrier.

Now before someone gets their tighty whities in bunch: I would ever make or do something that's THAT illegal.

Making wine is perfectly legal. ;-)
But not while carrying. :mrgreen:
NRA Life Member
User avatar
WildBill
Senior Member
 
Posts: 13282
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:53 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Midway's video tutorials

Postby tetralaw » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:32 pm

WildBill wrote:
KBCraig wrote:
LedJedi wrote:Oh man... you wouldn't believe what's on youtube. The other day i found a video (several actually) that teach you how to make a silencer (suppressor to be precise).

There was one a while back I saw that showed you how to make a particular assault rifle fully automatic with nothing but a rubber band. Don't think i bookmarked that one though.

You would be AMAZED at what you can find on youtube. Heck I even have videos up showing you how to make wine with fruit juice, yeast and ummm a protective latex barrier.

Now before someone gets their tighty whities in bunch: I would ever make or do something that's THAT illegal.

Making wine is perfectly legal. ;-)
But not while carrying. :mrgreen:


I don't think anyone has intentions of making wine in Walmart, or on the way to work, at the mall or most other places carrying would be happening. I don't carry at home but it's never too far.
tetralaw
Member
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:49 pm

Re: Midway's video tutorials

Postby OldCannon » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:07 pm

For those of you into reloading, check out http://www.youtube.com/ammosmith
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.
The Old Cannon Armory is an FFL/SOT in the Austin area. We now carry FROGLUBE products
$20 transfers for current CHL holders, fire/police, and veterans, $30 for others, $50 for Class III items
User avatar
OldCannon
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2817
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:19 am
Location: Pflugerville, TX (Between a Rock and a Weird Place)

Re: Midway's video tutorials

Postby tetralaw » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:20 pm

YES! I watched some of his videos the other day. I'm going to be getting into reloading and was checking out his annealing process.
tetralaw
Member
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:49 pm


Return to "How To" Tips

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest