Ultimate survival a the movies

Do you have any tips to help others? Please post them here.

Moderator: carlson1

timdsmith72
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ultimate survival a the movies

Post by timdsmith72 »

VMI77 wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:I'm of the opinion that if I need a tactical battle plan to attend a movie, I'll just stay home and watch a DVD.
Forget the tactical battle plan....it's been a long time since I could find a movie theater where people weren't texting, talking on their phones, talking loudly, or letting their kids run up and down the isles. I gave up on movie theaters years ago.
If there's an Alamo Drafthouse near you, they will toss people out for that. (And no kids after 7:00pm)
It's the only theater I'll set foot in any more.

jmra

Post by jmra »

The theaters we go to have implemented zero tolerance policies on cell phones and disruptive children. The seats in newer theaters are also far enough apart that "knees in the back" are no longer an issue. And of course the ones we attend are not posted 30.06. One is posted 30.07 but I don't have an issue with that.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I started going to movie theaters again when the Starplex in Boerne was built. Now that AMC has aquired Starplex, I'll probably be going less, if at all.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

I agree with most of the posts in that I very rarely go to movie theaters but I have a teenage son who likes to go to the movies with his girlfriend. I have instilled a lot of situational awareness, identifying exits, watching for suspicious people, not zoning out with cell phone video games etc..
However his girlfriend has had almost no discussions regarding these issues from anyone but me when she has joined us on outings.
I am going to share this with my son and encourage him to discuss these issues with his girlfriend. These tips not only apply to movie theaters, but concert venues, sporting events etc..
Thanks for posting this and while for many of us it may seem like preaching to the choir, these things can be passed on to others in our circle of friends and family.
:tiphat:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 2

Post by crazy2medic »

Keep family close, no not if your going to engage in a fight, you will be drawing fire if your first shot isn't a telling shot!
Don't be paranoid, yes be paranoid, if you aren't paranoid you ain't paying attention! Head on a swivel, threat scan 360, if something doesn't feel right it probably isn't, extricate yourself when it seems like things are going south, if circumstances prevent you from getting out, be prepared to fight!

My 2 cents
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

crazy2medic wrote:Keep family close, no not if your going to engage in a fight, you will be drawing fire if your first shot isn't a telling shot!
Don't be paranoid, yes be paranoid, if you aren't paranoid you ain't paying attention! Head on a swivel, threat scan 360, if something doesn't feel right it probably isn't, extricate yourself when it seems like things are going south, if circumstances prevent you from getting out, be prepared to fight!

My 2 cents
It really depends on whom I am with in the theater. If my son and daughter in law accompany my wife and me to a movie, there are 4 armed people in the party. If it is just my wife and me, there are 2 armed people in the party. Ditto if it is just my son and me, or my son and DIL. My son and DIL go to a lot of movies, but my wife and I probably don't see more than 2 movies a year in the theater. Otherwise, like VMI77 said, we have a nice big TV, and we wait until the movies are available on DVD or Netflix. Also, like Pawpaw said, "I'm of the opinion that if I need a tactical battle plan to attend a movie, I'll just stay home and watch a DVD."

I've never liked big crowds, in part because I've never felt safe in a crowd as far back as I can remember, and the only reason I go see movies in the theater is when the size of the screen really matters to the viewing experience. I saw "The Martian" on a big screen in 3D. Ditto the latest "Star Wars" release. But I also waited for both of those movies to have been out for 2 or 3 weeks before going to see them, so that the crowds in the theater would be smaller. I'll stay home and wait for the DVD to come out to see a RomCom or something like that.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 2

Post by crazy2medic »

:iagree:
I concur, however my post wasn't just about the movies, was for just out and about, I can't tell you the last time I was in a movie theater
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

tx mountaineer

Post by tx mountaineer »

:iagree:

I haven't been to a movie theater since some jacka$$ cracked open a tuna fish sandwich behind me. :blowup

Return to “"How To" Tips”