Abbott: Texas won't accept any Syrian refugees

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

DEB
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Abbott: Texas won't accept any Syrian refugees

Post by DEB »

DevilDawg wrote:I support the sentiment, however it won't happen as the States don't have legal standing. They can deny State funding, but not the people. Especially if non-profit charities (heavily federally funded) take them in.

They simply need to stage them for 90-120 days in a secure segregated facility until vetting can be completed. If only 8% of All Muslims are radicalized then they shouldn't be hard to find. The ones who aren't won't have anything to do with them in holding.
How does one Vet those without those who you are wanting to screen out being on some sort of watch list or other list? Although the NSA might have all of our names and maybe even some of our associations; I don't believe that they are so Omnipotent that they also know all the Syrians/Iraqis that are members of ISIS or that have been fully radicalized. The only way one could possible do this Vetting with some sort of surety is through interrogation, often harsh interrogation and that would be for every, (at least), Adult. Imagine, our Nation within our borders, separating families, mothers from children and etc, all while they are locked up in a detention camp? People complained mightily about waterboarding known Terrorists! What would they do if the Military/Police Forces do this on our soil? Only way to fully Vet any large population, IMO. One thing I learned after over 20 years in the Army, is that those who want to do me harm, often look and act just like those who just want to be left alone and have no ill will towards me or mine.
Remember the Cubans when they came over, after Castro emptied his prisons? We felt those effects for years, maybe even now through that Crime wave. And these were just common criminals! Not, an opposing Religion's fanatics. Criminals at least usually want to live and don't want to wipe out my ethnicity or religion. I would rather they just stay away, let the Europeans or the Muslim Nations care for them. Let those who want to come over, put in for an immigration visa, just like any others are supposed to.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 7

Post by NotRPB »

Vetting:

1)
Our state of NC has received 59 refugees w/little 2 no security information about them,sometimes not even a name!
2)
MailOnline reporter bought SAME (FORGED) Syrian passport used by ISIS Paris bomber (so there'll be 500 Refugees, not on a No-Fly watch list, with the same name & photo?
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 3241,d.eWE

Dutch journalist easily buys fake Syrian passport,
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 3241,d.eWE

VMI77
Posts in topic: 10

Post by VMI77 »

All the "vetting" talk is pure propaganda intended to undermine any resistance to this insane importation of potential terrorists. THERE IS NO VETTING.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... can-lives/
Smith asked about the vetting process and noted that terrorist organizations would most likely have individuals come into the country who have not yet committed a crime or had “a public background,” or committed a terrorist act.

DHS Secretary Johnson answered the vetting question by saying that every alleged refugee is interviewed, and that they complete an application. Smith responded saying that you are then essentially relying upon the refugee who is filling out the application, and “you can’t go beyond that, so you are sorta having to take their word for it.”
"Sorta" having to take their word for it? "rlol" That's all they're doing. "Are you a terrorist?".."Oh no sir"...."well then, come on in." You simply can't parody this idiotic administration any more because parody requires you to find something more absurd than the reality...which the left has now made virtually impossible.

And BTW, these "refugees" are treated better than our own citizens. They get free housing and medical care and all the welfare goodies. It's not only insane, but disgusting when you consider how other immigrants are treated. I work with a guy whose BIL fought in Iraq. He had to jump through hoops to get his unit's Iraqi translator admitted into the US....and this guy was joining our army. And once here he got in he got no government assistance whatsoever....and was staying with my coworker until he got admitted into the army. So a guy that risked his life with our troops has to jump through hoops and gets no government help but people we know absolutely nothing about just have to claim they're nice and they walk in and get showered with goodies. This system is plain sick.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

sugar land dave
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sugar land dave »

DevilDawg wrote:I support the sentiment, however it won't happen as the States don't have legal standing. They can deny State funding, but not the people. Especially if non-profit charities (heavily federally funded) take them in.

They simply need to stage them for 90-120 days in a secure segregated facility until vetting can be completed. If only 8% of All Muslims are radicalized then they shouldn't be hard to find. The ones who aren't won't have anything to do with them in holding.
I disagree that the states and their citizens have no standing. The President of the United States is not GOD, nor is he a dictator. He can Appoint officers and judges, suggest policies and laws, but Congress makes law, and the Supreme Court and its judicial system interpret them. All had better be in accord with our U.S. constitution or we have a problem.

U.S. Constitution, Article 4, Section 4:
The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened), against domestic Violence.
I would submit that a large group of people crossing borders even if unarmed is an invasion. By what authority granted in the constitution does the Federal government seek to enable the invasion and deny the security of states and their citizens in preference to non-citizens?

Bill of Rights, 9th Amendment:
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
Bill of Rights, 10th Amendment:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
The people grant specified power to the federal government; all others belong to the people or state.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

jason812

Post by jason812 »

None of it matters without a wall on the Rio Grande or Red or Sabine or Pan handle...

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/11/18 ... cmp=hplnws
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 4

Post by rbwhatever1 »

I'm with you on this one sugar land dave. We Americans and free peoples of Europe appear to be at war with Islamic killers and importing them into these United States looks to me like a treasonous act according to 18 U.S. Code § 2381.

"Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States."
III

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

You would think as many times as countries have dumped criminals and agents posing as mass refugees crossing borders, Western culture would wise up. Sometimes we have to not let our Christian nature be used against us and decline to help based on the protection, economic and social well being of our own citizens.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 4

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Western Culture is destroying it's identity and culture from within. Too much focus on media lies, political nuts, liberal garbage and zero focus on facts & history. I''m sure these 5 Syrians below were going to enter Texas, buy cowboy hats, boots and assimilate into Western Culture embracing America and her rich history of family, apple pie, baseball, pork hotdogs, fishing, first puppies, sock hops, 57 chevy's, drive in theaters, rattlesnake flags, roller skating, hunting, high school dances, Friday night football, Thanksgiving, prom nights, homecoming football games, confederate flags, Christmas, rabbit hunting with beagles, homecoming dances, hot wings and beer, US Flags, country music, and the hundreds of other things we Americans enjoy...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/18/americas/ ... index.html

"Greek authorities and Interpol were involved in Honduras detaining the men, Baca said. Before the men had arrived, they had traveled to Lebanon, Turkey, Brazil, Argentina and Costa Rica, he said."
III

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

To help in the vetting process we can ask the refugees to draw a picture of the prophet Mohammed and feed them ham sandwiches. That may weed out a few of the problem people
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

VMI77
Posts in topic: 10

Post by VMI77 »

Richbirdhunter wrote:To help in the vetting process we can ask the refugees to draw a picture of the prophet Mohammed and feed them ham sandwiches. That may weed out a few of the problem people
Yeah, it would. Those that ate the ham sandwiches would be the ones weeded out. This administration isn't importing "refugees" because they don't want some Paris style terrorist action here.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

sugar land dave wrote:You would think as many times as countries have dumped criminals and agents posing as mass refugees crossing borders, Western culture would wise up. Sometimes we have to not let our Christian nature be used against us and decline to help based on the protection, economic and social well being of our own citizens.
or the liberal mindset of disregarding common sense to be "compassionate".

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

rbwhatever1 wrote:31 States refusing to support Obama's unconstitutional immigration doctrine...
A few more, and the proper motivation, and they can force a Constitutional Amendment to deal with the issue.

Topic author
Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Pawpaw »

KD5NRH wrote:
rbwhatever1 wrote:31 States refusing to support Obama's unconstitutional immigration doctrine...
A few more, and the proper motivation, and they can force a Constitutional Amendment to deal with the issue.
By the time that can happen, it will be WAY too late.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

tlt

Post by tlt »

Here is why, just the simple plain facts.. The spin the media puts on it is just that, spin. Watch carefully. This was done by someone there. Apologize if the translations violate any terms, just delete moderators if appropriate (video 2)

Remove the spaces--
http:// www. youtube.com/watch?v=f0CF9c8B_3M

Return to “Off-Topic”