MN: So what’s up with Minneapolis police?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

MN: So what’s up with Minneapolis police?

Post by philip964 »

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/minneap ... 19060.html

Park police officer pulled over a black female driving without a seatbelt. Pulled out his gun pointed at her after he saw her gun license as she was getting her driver’s license out.

He proceed to get her out of the car put her on the ground and hand cuff her.

So we have the murdering the Australian woman after she called 911.

The whole George Floyd thing.

Then the female officer killing the man after mistaking the gun for the taser.

Am I missing anything?

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 3

Re: MN: So what’s up with Minneapolis police?

Post by powerboatr »

why would he pull here out of car and before that point his gun at her because she has a license to carry??
here they know if you have a ltc when they run your tag.

sounds like a training problem
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Mel

Post by Mel »

powerboatr wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:07 pm why would he pull here out of car and before that point his gun at her because she has a license to carry??
In Texas, your LTC is tied to your driver's license, not your car tags. Maybe I misunderstood your statement.
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Mel wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:39 am
powerboatr wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:07 pm why would he pull here out of car and before that point his gun at her because she has a license to carry??
In Texas, your LTC is tied to your driver's license, not your car tags. Maybe I misunderstood your statement.
LE: Traffic stop, 7000 block IH35, White Toyota, tag John Victor Edward 1414, John Victor Edward 1414
Dispatch: Confirm
Dispatch: John Victor Edward 1414, White Toyota, registered owner shows LTC.
LE: 10-4
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

gregthehand

Post by gregthehand »

RoyGBiv wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:47 am
LE: Traffic stop, 7000 block IH35, White Toyota, tag John Victor Edward 1414, John Victor Edward 1414
Dispatch: Confirm
Dispatch: John Victor Edward 1414, White Toyota, registered owner shows LTC.
LE: 10-4
Except that nobody checks out on traffic on the radio anymore. They use their MDT.
My posts on this website are worth every cent you paid me for them.

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

everytime i get stopped, the leo knows i have an ltc . he has always brought it up as a way to say HI i guess and break the ice. i assume when they run tags the DL comes back to owner or operator? i will say each stop has been friendly, Hi mr sloane, how is your day going, i notice you have an ltc, is your firearm with you? not that i get stopped alot. but 6 times in as many years seems to be the norm for me, no tickets but once :smilelol5:
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

We've been over this before. It only works for the registered owner of the vehicle. My wife and daughter do not have LTC's and could be driving my truck. I think my wife's care is registered in her name. It might be both. I'm not sure. My point is that if it is in her name only then when I'm driving it and stopped the officer would have no idea I'm carrying as he approaches. No need to be concerned with me, but sill no clue.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

C-dub wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:41 pm We've been over this before. It only works for the registered owner of the vehicle. My wife and daughter do not have LTC's and could be driving my truck. I think my wife's care is registered in her name. It might be both. I'm not sure. My point is that if it is in her name only then when I'm driving it and stopped the officer would have no idea I'm carrying as he approaches. No need to be concerned with me, but sill no clue.
that makes sense.
my truck is in both names and my wifes car is somehow only in mine ?

Return to “Off-Topic”