smart tv vizio WIFI

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
powerboatr
Posts in topic: 2

smart tv vizio WIFI

Post by powerboatr »

Does anyone understand or know why if i turn on my vizio smart tv and let it log on to my wifi network, it causes my computer to go all NO INTERNET found, on me and despite changing networks for computer to log in to it still shows the world icon and no internet
but when i reset the tv to turn off the wifi , everything is fine
turning off wifi on the TV is a royal pain, you have to do a reset of the tv every-time and then reset the hdmi inputs and language etc
thanks
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: smart tv vizio WIFI

Post by BigGuy »

My first thought is an internet IP conflict. If both your TV and computer are assigned the same IP address, they will be unable to get a connection. When you turn your TV off, then back on, (resetting your WiFi) it likely is assigned a new (and different) IP address. Check the IP setting on your TV to see if it is set to "Configure using DHCP."
Last edited by BigGuy on Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

BigGuy wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:02 am My first thought is an internet IP conflict. If both your TV and computer are assigned the same IP address, they will be unable to get a connection. When you turn you TV off, then back on,(resetting you WiFi) it likely is assigned a new (and different) IP address. Check the IP setting on your TV to see if it is set to "Configure using DHCP."
I think this is the correct direction to pursue. Sounds like the TV is trying to use the last ip it was assigned, or a fixed ip, instead of always requesting one from your router/dhcp server.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

RoyGBiv wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:10 am
BigGuy wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:02 am My first thought is an internet IP conflict. If both your TV and computer are assigned the same IP address, they will be unable to get a connection. When you turn you TV off, then back on,(resetting you WiFi) it likely is assigned a new (and different) IP address. Check the IP setting on your TV to see if it is set to "Configure using DHCP."
I think this is the correct direction to pursue. Sounds like the TV is trying to use the last ip it was assigned, or a fixed ip, instead of always requesting one from your router/dhcp server.
i tried both fixes
i have 4 wifi channels under four names. it kills all four. its like the tv is broadcasting vice trying to recieve
then i found after a few searches that vizio is in trouble for not having a dongle to turn off wifi and it has been found to be listening to you and sending data about what you watch over the internet. so i wont be turning it back on wifi. i will use a hdmi cable form the pc to watch amazon prime
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

powerboatr wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:30 pm
RoyGBiv wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:10 am
i tried both fixes
i have 4 wifi channels under four names. it kills all four. its like the tv is broadcasting vice trying to recieve
then i found after a few searches that vizio is in trouble for not having a dongle to turn off wifi and it has been found to be listening to you and sending data about what you watch over the internet. so i wont be turning it back on wifi. i will use a hdmi cable form the pc to watch amazon prime
Yikes!

Thanks for the heads up.... I'll check the settings on our Vizio roku set right now. :shock:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Lumberjack98

Post by Lumberjack98 »

Strange. I have two Vizio TVs connected to my network and have never had this issue.
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

philip964

Post by philip964 »

I have two Visio TV’s that were connected to my net work with no issues. Both 70”. One lasted 4 years the other 8. Behind a door right now, thinking I will fix them.

Return to “Off-Topic”